• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Isonortilidine

Fertile

Bluelighter
The (1S,2R) enanthiomer is an opioid about x2M in potency. The (1R,2S) enanthiomer is an NMDA antagonist about x2 the potency of ketamine

The synthetic complexity of these compounds make them impractical for anything but research. I actually contacted the man who designed this pair of compounds and he told me that frankly it was just to ensure nobody else would be able to patent them. He had no belief that they would ever be used. Tilidine itself requires a very costly precursor and I think it ended up being used because it was quite a weak opioid, an alternative to pethidine maybe, and because it's NMDA activity means that it may be able to treat pain that pure opioids cannot.

I've known people who abused it for it's opioid activity and others who abused it for it's DRI activity. There are a few other DRIs that possess some opioid activity. It WOULD be interesting to research some of the fencamfamine analogues.

I read that the double bond in tilidine is required for activity. This is not needed with a five membered ring? Sure?