• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Isolation through polar and non-polar solvent

Mafioso

Bluelight Crew
I remember someone asking something about if there was a way to isolate THCA by use of polar and non-polar solvent, and at the time I wasn't aware of a way, but I believe I was wrong.

The whole "diamond with terp sauce" craze is really just isolated THCA with terpenes poured over it, which is mostly just hype because from a processing stand point, it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but that's beside the point.

Was doing some reading on reddit about how diamonds were made and from what I read the way I understand how is to take winterized/dewaxed bho and then dissolve it into ethanol. Then, take the BHO dissolved in ethanol solution and slowly overtime add pure distilled water. This causes the ethanol to become supersaturated with THCA, which causes the THCA to start to recrystallize because THC is not water soluable.

The whole "sauce" craze is basically the same thing, it just crystalized THC and terpenes. Well, depending on how good the sauce it, it could be other stuff as well- sometimes even just "sugared up shatter/BHO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm curious if anyone else has any other info. I know there is a way to incorporate pressure and temp into the equation to speed up the process.