• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Isolated Headache for 3 weeks After Rolling

Cudi

Bluelighter
3 weeks ago I took 90mg crystal MDMA that I tested with Marquis. Very good stuff. Had a great roll. However, a few days later I began to get this pulsating headache on my lower right forehead right above my eye. It seems to throb a few times every minute. Tylenol helps slightly. I stupidly rolled again while I was in Vegas a few days ago (130mg) while this headache business was still going on. It doesn't seem to be any worse now, but it's definitely still present. Anyone ever had this? I really fucking hope this isn't permanent. Incredibly annoying and slightly nauseating. I don't notice any severe cognitive changes in addition to the headache. Could it just be some serotonin receptors going crazy trying to get back to baseline? Could something like that actually be causing physical pain?

It doesn't help that a couple days after the 90mg roll 3 weeks ago my apartment smelled of paint fumes because the unit next to mine was getting some work done on it. I went to sleep with the fumes still present, but with some windows down trying to air it out (didn't help). Woke up in the middle of the night lightheaded and nauseated. STRONG paint smell. I complained big time. The headache didn't really begin until after the paint thing. Is it more likely from the molly or the paint fumes? Both scenarios are equally scary and I fear I've fucked something up in my head and this may continue for a long while. And yes I'm staying very very hydrated and taking daily vitamins.

check out the LTC thread.

basically the MDMA most likely messed up your internal chemistry and now you are having overloads of stress hormones and anxiety.

head pain is a physical manifestation of anxiety.

go see a therapist or doctor who specializes in anxiety. hell, go to the free clinic. What you are dealing with is more powerful than staying hydrated and vitamins. you need professional help if possible

check out the LTC thread.

basically the MDMA most likely messed up your internal chemistry and now you are having overloads of stress hormones and anxiety.

head pain is a physical manifestation of anxiety.

go see a therapist or doctor who specializes in anxiety. hell, go to the free clinic. What you are dealing with is more powerful than staying hydrated and vitamins. you need professional help if possible

Extreme advice, i dont think we are there yet. Drink some water, and wait it out.

You are just senestive to the mdma comedown and rerolling while still on the comedown will extend the negative effects for many more weeks to come. 4-5 weeks is usually what it takes for my worst symptoms to die down if rerolling within a month after the last roll. The paint fumes would of made things worse aswell you will get better in time

How is that extreme advice? If you feel bad you go to a doctor. And the LTC issue isn't something that you wait out if you are wise. That could take years in some cases.

It's better to attack it aggressively early as possible, that way it doesn't get rooted and behavioral which makes it even harder to overcome/makes it take even longer to un-fuck itself without conscious help.

Like if you hurt your ankle badly. You could wait and in a few years it will heal itself back (in a messed up way, but you could use it and the pain wouldn't be bad). Or, you can go to a doctor, get surgery and physical therapy and be back to regular functioning in a matter of a few months, like 3 months.

Anybody who has the means should absolutely see a doctor when they are facing drug induced issues. Wait it out is absolutely horrible advice.

Yeah I don’t think a doc is gonna be able to help as none of the typical comedown symptoms are really treatable.

My girlfriend got similar headaches from rolling which were/are potentially serotonin headaches. Try some 5HTP and potentially St Johns Wort and obviously good nutrition/regular exercise. Give all of those a go if you aren’t alresdy and give it another week or two. Stinging nettle can help with headaches as well.

How is that extreme advice? If you feel bad you go to a doctor. And the LTC issue isn't something that you wait out if you are wise. That could take years in some cases.

It's better to attack it aggressively early as possible, that way it doesn't get rooted and behavioral which makes it even harder to overcome/makes it take even longer to un-fuck itself without conscious help.

Like if you hurt your ankle badly. You could wait and in a few years it will heal itself back (in a messed up way, but you could use it and the pain wouldn't be bad). Or, you can go to a doctor, get surgery and physical therapy and be back to regular functioning in a matter of a few months, like 3 months.

Anybody who has the means should absolutely see a doctor when they are facing drug induced issues. Wait it out is absolutely horrible advice.

Problem is, you are giving advice for a LTC, when the OP just stated they had a headache. His issues arent as extreme as you are making them sound, and you are generating fear for the OP. The op has a headache, and a headache only. Staying hydrated, and waiting is the only thing thats gonna fix this. A lot of people do not have these "means" you speak of, please respect that.

He stated that he's had a headache issue for close to 3 weeks now. And although he doesn't explicitly state he has cognitive issues, he says he doesn't have severe ones. He's also stated worries and fears which is another indicator that he has some issues brewing. And he said that he already is staying hydrated and waiting, been waiting close to 3 weeks now he said.

Maybe you don't consider it worthy of urgency but I do, so go fuck off. Stop trying to minimize and negate the importance of what I'm saying.

Easy everyone, no need to get hostile towards eachother. But yes, the primary thing of concern to me is the headache, nothing else. I’m aware it’s normal to feel a little foggy during recovery (I don’t like the LTC term, it’s not very optimistic).

All I asked was if anyone else has experienced something similar and if anything seemed to help. I exercised earlier and that seemed to worsen it a couple hours later. Took 5-HTP earlier today and a bit ago in a NeuroSleep.

I did experience depression in the days after, but I don’t feel as depressed as I did then, if at all. Would be really fuckin cool if an MRI didn’t cost an absurd amount because I’d be genuinely curious to see what’s going on up there.

I don't think the headache would really apply to the LTC anyway, seeing as it's the only symptom.

I have a headache going on about 7 weeks now, I did way more than you though. So it's only relative. A lot of friends told me they recovered form headaches in about 4-5 weeks. Just keep eating clean and getting enough sleep to allow your brain to recover from the MDMA, like an extended alcohol hangover.

I'm surprised the exercise makes it worse for you, exercise usually relieves the headache a little bit for me and I feel great after a good workout. Stress and anxiety make mine worse.

I'm not a doctor and this is my first time experiencing negative symptoms with MDMA so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Lsd has a pretty astonishing reputation I believe when it comes to treating headaches of various kinds. I think this is worth some thought actually. There will surely be a relation between the tendancy for MDMA to induce headaches, and LSD to cure them.

I will have to defer the rest to you more brainy folk to figure that out now lol, no kidding!

Last edited:
I can't help wondering if oxygen would help to overcome this problem...I have a friend who is a paramedic. He has told me that they use oxygen masks as a kind of "fix-all" at the scenes of emergencies - calms people down, makes them feel better, no matter what has just happened.
Maybe a couple of hours on oxygen will make all this go away once and for all. After 3 weeks, I would be willing to try just about anything. You could ask at your local hospital, or your doctor. It's safe and cheap, no one is likely to have objections to your request.
Best wishes...

Lsd has a pretty astonishing reputation I believe when it comes to treating headaches of various kinds. I think this is worth some thought actually. There will surely be a relation between the tendancy for MDMA to induce headaches, and LSD to cure them.

I will have to defer the rest to you more brainy folk to figure that out now lol, no kidding!
LSD stops my migraines from occuring for weeks after a trip but saldy not for the mdma headache if i trip while on a comedown i will feel quite burnt.

Seems like the bottom line here is that MDMA CAN cause long term headaches.. Very interesting. Could be of great research value, but goddamn I don't want this headache anymore

Seems like the bottom line here is that MDMA CAN cause long term headaches.. Very interesting. Could be of great research value, but goddamn I don't want this headache anymore
Have you tried anti-inflammatory protocol such as a high anti-inflammatory diet because I do believe that there may be some evidence correlating MDMA use with inflammation in the brain.

Perhaps try supplementing your body with highly anti-inflammatory foods and supplements turmeric is a great one to begin with try and get a good organic turmeric powder and take at least 1.5 heaped teaspoon today would be some great advice for all round general health but specifically for inflammation.

Tarmac is also an effective and powerful natural antidepressant and all-round health aid which massively reduces our risks of developing cancer by working on the gene level to prevent unnatural mutation.

Omega 3 fatty acids too, VERY important to health and healing. Most people are chronically deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids and consume an over abundance of omega-6 fatty acids which creates a pro-inflammatory imbalance in the body.

So it is worth considering that you could have an inflammatory condition which has been enhanced by your recent MDMA use causing the headaches.

He stated that he's had a headache issue for close to 3 weeks now. And although he doesn't explicitly state he has cognitive issues, he says he doesn't have severe ones. He's also stated worries and fears which is another indicator that he has some issues brewing. And he said that he already is staying hydrated and waiting, been waiting close to 3 weeks now he said.

Maybe you don't consider it worthy of urgency but I do, so go fuck off. Stop trying to minimize and negate the importance of what I'm saying.

In the eyes of harm reduction your advice is most appropriate. Regardless if your right or not, its best to take caution and be on the safe side.

Andy