• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

ISO hash questions

OLD.GREGGGGG

Bluelighter
For starters im not experienced with Extractions or solvents or anything of that nature. But, recently i was given some shake and trim from "quality" herb. Like i said im no expert. I didnt look at shit thru a magnifying glass or anything. Just took my chances making ISO or Qwiso.

Anyhow, ive read on some sites people mention heating the Already evaporated iso/thc mixture in the oven from 150-200f.
IS this step safe?
Is it called for?

Am i better off leaving my product out to air dry for 1-2 days?

Also, i let my herb sit in solution too long, It produced a dark taffy substance that is almost like shatter. It smells like floral/dry hash. When smoked it tastes similar to smoking hot knifes. I have a oilrig with a glass nail so im not exposing it too open flame.

Any advice?
Concerns?

Someone help Old greggggg out.
=D

I have found that leaving to dry in an evaporating dish is fine, it's not THAT long to wait, and if you shine a lamp on it or something, that will help. I personally wouldn't risk the oven method unless I had some way of getting the fumes out of my kitchen easily, I would be too scared. As you said, you left you herb in for too long, this might be remedied by doing a second 'wash', and possibly keeping it cooler than normal while doing this to give you a better time window. Your hash should be fine as long as you used 99% iso, if you are concerned a wash with some water could remove anything that may have been put in the iso. Good luck bro =D.

Sumph is pretty much right. What your referig too is purging. If you can find something to produce a small amount of heat (I use a small electric heater) you can heat your pyrex dish (or whatever is containing your hash) and then scrape it all up into a pile and then Mix it up. Ideally you would do that and wait a couple of days but neither are required.

Btw for future reference bho usually comes out better and cleaner than iso and its just as easy.

BHO requires a blasting tube of somekind and i dont have one or the materials to make one.

I can re-mix my hash with 99% iso and let it dry again? that wouldnt degrade or make it more harsh?

BHO requires a blasting tube of somekind and i dont have one or the materials to make one.

I can re-mix my hash with 99% iso and let it dry again? that wouldnt degrade or make it more harsh?

I have a feeling (don't quote me on it) that possibly the harshness could be caused by something the iso has put in there, I would do a water wash first. Don't quote me on this either, but I don't think it will degrade. The idea is that cannabinoids are more soluble than the things that are making it harsh, so by straining it when all you can see is green crap etc you should help to make it more pure, as I say though, there are people who know a lot more than me about this.

If you let the green soak in the iso some chlorophyll will leach into the solution. Swirling the green in the iso for half a minute; just long enough to dissolve the trichomes, then separating the liquid from solids will leave you with the highest purity THC.

When i smoked a dab of my last run of ISO it left a black residue on my nail. Should i just toss this run out and start new?

Or can i use it too make Edibles or something?

I would edible it, but I'm not massively careful arguably, if you feel safe with it then do it but if you have doubts re: what else is in there, give it a miss.