• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is weed harmful?

opiateaddict123

Greenlighter
Anyone read this article? http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/marijuana/it-s-background.html#alcohol
Is there any truth in the negative effects or weed discussed here. SWIM smokes weed about 3 times a weak, and he's now addicted to codeine. He often takes pills without doing a CWE containing ibuprofen and codeine, and has taken over 40 pills at once. Obviously I am damaging my body doing this but is smoking weed going to cause my brain cells to die as well as my kidneys?

No, pretty much none of the bad info on sites like this are credible. I don't even have to click the link to tell you that any sources they have are not credible due to bias.

cannabis use comes with its fair share of ill side effects but they are relatively minor when compared to how extreme a pill or opiate addiction can be. Your pill addiction will much sooner cause your kidney to shut down before you will really notice any ill side effects from the weed. Really, other than the high becoming unpleasant, I wouldn't worry much about weed use until I got my pill usage under control. 40 pills at a time is asking to die or be hospitalized my friend, please take some care of yourself.

I didn't take the time to read through your link because I don't think comparing it to another drug is the proper way to look at it. it is damaging in it's own way- just because one is less damaging than another does not make it a positive thing imo.

It's definitely not harmless.

Unhealthy habit like any other bad habit in this world.

How significant? As often as you use. Lung health is not spared by mary j unless you vape or only take it orally.

It's definitely not harmless.

Unhealthy habit like any other bad habit in this world.

How significant? As often as you use. Lung health is not spared by mary j unless you vape or only take it orally.

Agreed. I'm not convinced vaping is completely harmless as you are inhaling vapor into your mouth and lungs. It's better than smoke but I don't think we know how much better yet?

Eating cannabis is interesting but it can be difficult to know how you'll react to it either you get threshold effects or you get insanely high, and like vaping the high lasts for a long time.

Sugar and salt are harmful! No one has Ever died from a cannabis overdose! Using a vaporize will definitely help your lungs though.