• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this safe?

ElevatedSoul

Bluelighter
Even though its not about opiates, codeine is in the factor, but thats not what Im writing this about. Would 1200mg of tylenol be safe for someone who weights 120 pounds? Took some tylenol3 yesterday and it was 900mg worth (and 90mg worth of codiene). Would it be safe to take 1200mg after 24 hours of a 900mg dose? Let alone, is it safe in general for someone thats 120 pounds? Was looking around else where on the internet and couldn't find any info about it. Found some stuff that said it was safe to adults, assuming they weighted a lot more that 120 pounds. Just dont want to do any bad damage to my liver!

technically yes it shouldnt really hurt you, but personally i would not put that much APAP into my system. they keep lowering the max dosage and now combination products cannot have more than 325mg.
APAP (paracetamol, acetaminophen) is hard on your liver no matter what, and putting more than a gram into your system will stress your liver for sure.

technically yes it shouldnt really hurt you, but personally i would not put that much APAP into my system. they keep lowering the max dosage and now combination products cannot have more than 325mg.
APAP (paracetamol, acetaminophen) is hard on your liver no matter what, and putting more than a gram into your system will stress your liver for sure.
Do you know off the top of your head if you can extract codeine from tylenol 3 at home without any need of chemicals or things that arent already around the house?

EDIT: After looking around, whats the best and most effeicent way for CWE? I dont want to fuck it up and some how end up drinking codeine with 20000000000000000000000000000000 mg of Tylenol in it.

Last edited:
Check out cold water extractions, CWE's. Very easy and its a pretty quick process.

1.2 grams of tylenol a day isnt going to hurt you at all unless you have prior history with liver problems/disease.

Check out cold water extractions, CWE's. Very easy and its a pretty quick process.

1.2 grams of tylenol a day isnt going to hurt you at all unless you have prior history with liver problems/disease.
Looked at a super simple one found on this site. Seems like you cant mess it up? All you do is crush them up, put them in a filter (cloth, coffee filter,tissue) and run cold water through it? Is that the whole process? Do you know how much tylenol is left in the solution?

That is indeed the whole process. Little to no Tylenol will be left in the solution.

But-let me say this- if you are only planning on taking the 1200 mg dose once, just take your pills. The daily recommended threshold for Tylenol (paracetamol/APAP) is 3000 mg. Until very recently it was 4000 mg. That is on a daily basis, saying if you took 3000 mg per day you'd be fine.

The reason I say this is because doing a CWE with a small amount of pills is 1. ) not necessary and 2.) going to lose too much of the codeine than it's worth.
Basically you are losing codeine for no reason

I applaud the fact that you are concerned about harming your liver. And while this is indeed a harm reduction site, I also feel that sometimes it can be taken to an unnecessary extreme. People take up to 4 plain Tylenol a day no problem. They are either 500 mg per pill or the newer 325 mg per pill. Either way it's over 1200 mg. That is a pretty normal dose to take in a day.

Now, if you are dosing over 3000 mg per day then doing a CWE is a great idea as to not make your liver process all that Tylenol. But from reading your post it sounds like you are just taking the pills today, after having taken some yesterday. (Sounds like you took maybe 3 pills yesterday with about 300-325 mg Tylenol in each and want to take like 4 pills today with about 300-325 mg Tylenol in each) That's really not a big deal. Just take your pills normally.

Now if you start taking more pills where you would be dosing more than 3000 mg per day of Tylenol, by all means do that CWE, it'll protect your liver!

But if this is just today (1200-1300 mg Tylenol) after yesterday (900 mg Tylenol) then you really would be wasting your active ingredient (codeine) by doing a CWE. Because you will not get 100 % back of the active ingredient (codeine). That's not a big deal when doing a CWE on 10/15/20/or more pills, but on 3/4/or so pills it is a bigger proportionate loss

Again, good thinking to be safe. I just think in cases like this that it is going to an unnecessary extreme, and losing your active ingredient for no real benefit. Like when I see these threads "I have 2 Vicodin pills (5mg hydroxide/325mg Tylenol per pill) how do i do a CWE?" I kind of cringe, because while at least the person is reading up on harm reduction, they are taking it to an OCD level. If you were going to take a couple Tylenol for a fever or headache you would take up to 4 pills (325 mg x 4) without thinking twice.

Anyway, you're fine to just take your pills. If you must do a CWE, yes, that is the process just filter using coffee filters or even an old tshirt. Crush up pills and dissolve in cold water and filter. Those are the basics, you can find step by step thorough guides, it'll get out most of the Tylenol but you will lose some active ingredient also.

Yeah Cold water extractions are the best route i used to do them all the time when I'd get a handful of percs i'd have to extract about 10 of them hahaha good times

Yeah Cold water extractions are the best route i used to do them all the time when I'd get a handful of percs i'd have to extract about 10 of them hahaha good times
Could you tell me the exact process you used? Obviously you're still here so that means you didnt fuck it up and die from liver failure. Tempted to do the CWE but feel as if with the resources I have (Tissues or cloth as a filter) I wont be able to get rid of the Tylenol well enough.

Cloth is adequate. Crush the pills and dissolve them in hot water. Place the solution in the freezer. Once it's cold you'll notice a bunch of white sediment in the solution. Filter out the sediment with a piece of cloth. The remaining liquid will be cloudy and taste bitter as hell, but won't kill you. Probably. If you're this nervous about doing it, maybe you shouldn't...

Well you're a lightweight, I weigh around 200(less since I've been through withdrawal so many times, lol!) and my maximum daily intake of Tylenol will not exceed around 3,000mg in 12-16 hours.

If you're going to bee drinking, no more than maybe 650mg tylenon and no more often than 1ce/month when used with alcohol even if it's a low dose.

CWE's are harder with less potent pills....so say you have 325/10mg of APAP/Codeine that's gonna take some time & dedication just to get 250mg of codeine...that's 25 fucking pills, and if you only need 2ml of water per codeine tablet....well there may be too much Tylenol to give the codeine any kind of appreciable surface area to dissolve.
No doubt you'll dissolve some, hell probably MOST of the opiate, but the massive amount of Tylenol may make it hard to perform a CWE with little enough water to make it a true, pure cwe..
MEANING with that ratio of opiate to Tylenol, you're ALWAYS going to have SOME Tylenol in your END PRODUCT OF CWE.

Takes a while to perfect a CWE technique....some days, I still fuck up and tear my filter etc...etc...after 3-4 years of doing CWE's almost daily.

APAP liver damage is somewhat exaggerated, but the stuff really is poision ESPECIALLY when used with alcohol.....so the moral of my ramblings is this; Get more potent pills with a highger ratio of OPIATE than APAP and you'll save yourself ALOT of time, money, and potential damage from improper CWE technique
When I get my hydrocodone 10/325s filled I don't use a CWE until I start taking more than 3,000MG per day of apap...or if i'm using more than 2,250 in one dose.

TO ANSWER YOU QUESTION 1,200MG OF APAP, in a single dose or divided, Probably wouldn't even hurt a kindergartener, in fact im pretty sure when I was a dumb kid with no options for pain relief, 2 650mg Tylenol was a standard that the school nurse used to give kids for headaches etc....
Don't worry about APAP until you get over 2,000 in a single dose

As someone who routinely CWEs 30-40 pills, I find the most hassle-free (yet thorough) method is as follows (brief summary) :

Tools needed-
T1s or T3s
Running water
Mason jar w/ lid (or similar deep vessel)
Fridge
Cloth bandana
Cereal bowl (or similar)
Coffee grinder (optional)

>Crush pills, clean coffeegrinder works well
>pour powder into mason jar
>add no more than 150ml warm-hot water
>shake for one minute
>pour into bowl
>fridge for 30-40 minutes (freezer can damage end product unless you're careful, fridge is easier ime)
>remove from fridge
>put cold water dampened bandana over mouth of mason jar
>pour in solution
>put in fridge and allow 3-20 minutes to filter (depends on number of pills used and sludginess of solution)
>squeeze bandana into bowl, add drippings to your now less-milky looking solution

You shouldn't need to filter more than once for anything under fifteen pills. Drinking it is best accomplished by adding another 150ml cold water, an icecube, and chugging it before your stomach cottons on to what the hell you're doing.

****Important****
Consume on an empty stomach. It's the diffefence between mild sedation and an opiate rush w/ histamine release and an appreciable nod.

Sorry for brevity, hope this helps~
I wouldn't bother with coffee filters, ime cotton or silk works infinitely better.

Last edited:
Unless you are taking the codeine like every day (which i doubt given how low the dose is) and are planning to do a large amount with a cwe and divy it out over a longer period of time, just pop the pills. Like you definitely do not want to waste a cwe for 1200mg of ty.