• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this PAWS after 3 weeks on Suboxone or something else?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
In this psych/rehab center I’ve been in exactly three weeks now, they got me on an antidepressant NSRI and Suboxone 2mg a day for my 30mg oxy daily habit of 1.5 years. I get nauseous every 5 days or so and yesterday vomited but no muscle pains nor diarrhea. Phychiatrists say it’s PAWS which they call Clinical AWS. They gave me a survey that implies it’s because of opiod withdrawal when I say that it’s the Antidepressant that’s making me sick. Took a blood and urine test to try to figure out the real cause rather than all this guesswork and implication. Do you think it’s PAWS?

Last edited:
Im a few months off methadone and experience paws. I get depressed and angry but i don't get sick. Subs should take away paws . People also get sick from subs.
When i started antidepressants i got the worst side effects so it could be that .
Sorry i couldn't be more help,
What antidepressant is it?

Im a few months off methadone and experience paws. I get depressed and angry but i don't get sick. Subs should take away paws . People also get sick from subs.
When i started antidepressants i got the worst side effects so it could be that .
Sorry i couldn't be more help,
What antidepressant is it?

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate another opinion. Just today, they said they will change me from Wellbutrin to a different antidepressant.

Paws is such a broad term it is thrown around a lot. Basically this is what it looks like you are going through. Post acute withdrawal syndrome...I'm surprised 2mg of bupe isn't holding you over completely 3wks later after being clean from 30mg oxy, which by the way is a very very mild dose...our mental is a very powerful thing.
I'm sure once you ask for an increase to 4mg bupe, you should be clear of any type of paws...in my opinion...I would recommend an evening dose of an additional 2mg of bupe, so that way you get two doses in a day. Two opportunities of relief for you.

Please remember SNRI medications can cause symptoms and side effects to confuse anyone into just easily blaming it on PAWS...perhaps you can go without the antidepressant?

I’m off all antidepressants and off all opioids. I’m on anti-psychotics for their diagnosis of bipolar 2.

30MG is an extremely low dose and 2MG of Bupe should be managing you well. What antidepressants and/or antipsychotics are you being given? I am thinking the effects are being brought on by them. A survey might help identify symptoms but will not reflect the legitimate cause and the mental stress of being taken off of your DOC mixed with improper mental medications has caused me similar issues in the past.

That dose is too low should be like 8mg, a 4 bag heroin habit started me off at 16mg and it was only just enough to hold me.