• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this normal?

fermonos

Bluelighter
Gunna try keep it short and simple.

Basically been off opiates for a while. Got some yesterday around 1pm I took 300mg Codeine, all was fine. I wasn't tired at all this day so I was awake at 4am and done another 240mg codeine again all was fine. Around 10am I fell asleep but I woke up at around 11:30am violently being sick, like I've never been sick like this before. I was trying to throw up for at least 20 minutes after nothing was left in my stomach, anyway went back to bed and at 1pm woke up again with diarrhoea. Seriously bad as well, completely water and a lot of it. Surprised me how much. Went back to bed and didn't wake up until 11pm.

Is this normal? I feel kinda fine now other than my stomach seems a bit upset and a headache from dehydration but does anyone know why I was throwing up and having diarrhoea worse than I've ever had in my life after using opiates from a break? I honestly think it was down to the Codeine and nothing else, I don't normally dose 2x in a day with Codeine since the enzyme needs time to renew but could that be the problem? It's a bit of a weird reaction though.

Hello :) a dodgy stomach can be quite common for larger doses, the diarrhoea though, I don't hear of that often with codeine, usually it's the opposite ;lol :) How long are you off opiates? Did you eat something dodgy, been around a lot of people & caught a mild tummy bug etc....? The most codeine I've ever taken in one sitting has been 450mg I think & I've been ok with it, that's a strange reaction alright, maybe someone else can pipe in & help a bit more? :)