• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is this 'nodding'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocaine

Greenlighter
So I've heard the term "nodding" refers to slipping in and out of consciousness from opioids.

When I've been using opioids lately (Tramadol, Morphine), I feel the usual sedation/drowsiness but now I've been feeling like I don't breathe enough per minute? Like I only take 10 breathes in a minute (mild RD?)

But then all of a sudden I just quickly fall asleep for which is just a minute or two and then sort of jolt back awake - although very drowsy. When I 'fall asleep' everything goes black, I don't have any dreams, and very it's all brief.

Would you consider this to be 'nodding'?

I think it's very minor 'nodding' I get the same. It's like the feeling of falling you get when you are sleeping. It happens to me, I'm very drowsy, eyes closed pretty much asleep but still a little conscious and then I feel like I'm falling from a height and I wake up but for me my whole body feels numb and fuzzy like having a dead leg but everywhere and my vision is foggy.

Sometimes I don't get that, just the feeling of falling and waking up but when it does happen it scares me, I think it's to do with not breathing while 'asleep' and lack of oxygen to my brain. The weird thing is I only get it on doses of 300mg-+ of codeine which is not really a high dose, not for someone like me anyway.

I'm almost certain if it wasn't for the 'falling' sensation and my brain waking me up I'd of probably died in my sleep when this happened. Kind of scary to think.

u get nodding from tramadol? i took 375mg (almost no tolerance) and felt fully awake and alert

So I've heard the term "nodding" refers to slipping in and out of consciousness from opioids.

When I've been using opioids lately (Tramadol, Morphine), I feel the usual sedation/drowsiness but now I've been feeling like I don't breathe enough per minute? Like I only take 10 breathes in a minute (mild RD?)

But then all of a sudden I just quickly fall asleep for which is just a minute or two and then sort of jolt back awake - although very drowsy. When I 'fall asleep' everything goes black, I don't have any dreams, and very it's all brief.

Would you consider this to be 'nodding'?

Yeh, that's basically it. It's like you just keep coming to over and over again. Pathetic, pointless but undeniably blissfull...

But - if it is more of a direct result of significant RD that is of a concern please do not take these kind of drugs while alone.

This happenened when I was on Fentanyl in the early days. I actually ended up in emergency a couple of times. Course this is years later and it's no problem now.

This isn't really Harm Reduction material my friend, but I'm not gonna give you shit about it. What you're describing is essentially what users describe as "nodding" or "being on the nod" - from back in the 1950's. It's called nodding for a reason, mainly because the user's head begins to slowly fall into their lap as they alternate between conscious and unconscious. There are varying stages of intoxication, so it's all going to vary, but the hallmark of Opioid intoxication, in my opinion, is the ability to wake up and act coherent and maybe even have a conversation, before alternating back into sleep.

I've been known to have conversations with 15 minute breaks where I wake up and begin speaking right from where I had left off, not realizing I had been totally gone.

I have to close this though. I'd say you've found your definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.