• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is this info still correct? Dihydrocodeine (DHC) Potentiation

pally pete

Bluelighter
Hello again people,

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...codeine?highlight=dihydrocodeine+potentiation

Is the information in that thread still correct? The reason I ask is because it's about 6 years old now, and everyday we are discovering new unfounded information that can be completely contrary to what we thought was fact.

Many thanks (And apologies for cramming your board)

For Potentiation I have a choice of - Diazepam, Etizolam, Clonidine, Diphenhydramine, Promethazine, Pregabalin, Gabapentin, Amitriptyline (I think that's all I've got for CYP Inhibitors)

Carbamazepine and Phenytoin are the only inducers I have that I can think of... Oh, also, 3 days ago I just finished taking Fluoxetine 40 mg per day for around 18 months.

My main points of concern are - the timing of when I take my CYP Inhibitor? Even though I know Fluoxetine is a pretty strong CYP Inhibitor, In theory it should potentiate a lot of meds... But during the time I've been taking it, I've found that it almost completely eliminated any buzz I used to get from Codeine (Later was told I need to induce the CYP Enzymes) for maximum conversion from Codeine>Morphine.

Thanks for all your help.

For codeine you need an enzyme inducer as some is metabolized via CYP2D6 into morphine, so by blocking CYP2D6 you get less morphine (but morphine isn't the only active metabolite of codeine)

For dihydrocodeine you need to block CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 (for example with white grapefruit juice, taken before you take the DHC) to slow down the metabolism (inducing those enzymes could result in more dihydromorphine, so that could be another route to boost DHC)
From wikipedia
Although dihydrocodeine does have extremely active metabolites, in the form of dihydromorphine and dihydromorphine-6-glucuronide (one hundred times more potent), these metabolites are produced in such small amounts that they do not have clinically significant effects.

The drugs you listed may inhibit CYP2d6 but they are more likely to "potentiate" the DHC through their effects on your neurochemistry, basically meaning they will possibly make you feel high on their own and combining them is basically just polydrug use.

The most potent cyp2d6 inhibitor i've used is paroxetine. It works very well as an inhibitor but it screws with any kind of high too much to be worth it, which seems to be the case for a lot of ssri and snri meds.

Thanks for the replies.. and apologies about my belated response.

I've had a 1 month break off all Opiates, and tonight I fancied some DHC... So I took 420 mg, waited about 75 minutes until my 600 mg of Pregabalin could kick in, and that usually intensifies the high off pretty much all Opiates for me.. But 4 hours after taking 110 mg of Diazepam, 2 and 1/2 hours after taking the Pregabalin, and 1 hour and 45 minutes after taking the Dihydrocodeine, I'm feeling very little.

So 25 minutes ago I took 20 mg of Promethazine in the hope that the CYP2D6 inhibition will aid the DHC which I plan to redose another 420 mg in the next 5 or 10 minutes.

Anyone reading this who has little-no Opiate tolerance - I would strongly advise against taking these doses.

Stay safe ;)

Yeah, I need about ~900 milligrams of DHC to feel a decent high. But when I do, the feeling is awesome. Better than Heroin even (also less sedating; even energizing), in my humble opinion.

It reminds me of the first few times I took OxyContin.