• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Is This How DMT Really Is??

SoCalShordie

Moderator: TL
Staff member
just watched this video which is fucking hilarious btw lol..never dmt before, is this an accurate description of the trip? Also, how long does it last?

Lasts 4-15 min, afterglow for another 20-50 min. Cartoons not in any way similar. Content vary a LOT with personality, intention, set & setting. Check Erowid & DMT-nexus for plenty of trip reports.

you will never be able to properly relay what you see on DMT it is beyond all understanding. You can only understand when have you experinced the breakthrough

Pretty much this.

It’s like knowing all the secrets of the universe, everything is so easy because you know the answer to it all. Then as you come back you slowly lose it, that monkey brain comes back online and it feels like that massive amount of information could never be held within.

Visuals can vary a lot depending on the DMT, but nothing like those cartoons. Often it’s these ever evolving fractals that create beings anf beautiful landscapes. Things bleed and morph into these images.

One interesting thing, I never see faces on humanoid beings in hyperspace, and same with humans in reality their faces go featureless with no eyes, nose or mouth. Not sure what that means other than maybe a symbolic notion that we are all one.

DMT is some good shit. I can’t say enough good things about it.

-GC

Short answer: no
Longer answer: could be worse.
The visuals have no connection with DMT visuals, but it pretty well described the weirdness of the experience.

Some experiences (5-MeO-DMT) are absolutely ineffable. While for others (DMT), you can give a few hints as to how they are. You'll always miss the mark, but you'll aim in the general direction.
This series (Tales from the trip) was made to be fun to watch, rather than to accurately depict the experiences. Don't even look at the cartoon; it has nothing to do with DMT experiences. But what he says would make sense to someone who has already had similar experiences.

just watched this video which is fucking hilarious btw lol..never dmt before, is this an accurate description of the trip? Also, how long does it last?

I coincidentally also smoked DMT for the first time in Dallas, TX.... anyways...

like others have said, no, this is not the best representation of DMT. It's not like, wrong per se... this guys is just describing it in a very cartoonish way, which is the point of the video, right? Entertainment.

Nothing this guy says is really wrong... it's just... a comedian's bit. It's quite dramatic but again, not really completely outside of what DMT is.

The true, full, breakthrough DMT experience is truly not something you can describe with the English language. You can use words to point out a few things... but the experience as a whole cannot be described in the English language... or any language.

I'm not saying this guy is lying about his trip but he is explaining it in a way to be funny and entertaining, not accurate.

I was about to start explaining what DMT is really like but that would take me an entire hour and it would only be my own... description. I smoked DMT at least 70 times and about 30 of those were true "breakthrough" doses, 3 large hits. (It takes 55mg for me to reach breakthrough, I calculated it). But if you have any questions let me know, I'll gladly answer them @SoCalShordie

One of the best ways I can describe (and is also incredibly insufficient), is that you will stick your hand out a few inches from your face.... and you will have no idea what you are looking at. That's how intensely you will be hallucinating.

Pretty much this.

It’s like knowing all the secrets of the universe, everything is so easy because you know the answer to it all. Then as you come back you slowly lose it, that monkey brain comes back online and it feels like that massive amount of information could never be held within.

Visuals can vary a lot depending on the DMT, but nothing like those cartoons. Often it’s these ever evolving fractals that create beings anf beautiful landscapes. Things bleed and morph into these images.

One interesting thing, I never see faces on humanoid beings in hyperspace, and same with humans in reality their faces go featureless with no eyes, nose or mouth. Not sure what that means other than maybe a symbolic notion that we are all one.

DMT is some good shit. I can’t say enough good things about it.

-GC
the only thing i even remember properly is that the underlying message i got was one of LOVE. That love is all and all is love. Visuals impossible to describe lol. Coming back then smoking weed holy fuck i was on my ass for a few hours seeing straight into the outer edges of space.

It’s like knowing all the secrets of the universe, everything is so easy because you know the answer to it all.
I honestly felt the opposite if anything. I felt like I was being exposed to things that I'm not even sure I can comprehend. It may be the answer to everything, but I surely can't bring it back like a key into my life.

idk lol, just an off the cuff thought

I could probably reimagine DMT all day and come up with a different opinion every few hours

it's really just beyond words in a literal sense, as well as highly subjective

I honestly felt the opposite if anything. I felt like I was being exposed to things that I'm not even sure I can comprehend. It may be the answer to everything, but I surely can't bring it back like a key into my life.

idk lol, just an off the cuff thought

I could probably reimagine DMT all day and come up with a different opinion every few hours

it's really just beyond words in a literal sense, as well as highly subjective

No I know what you mean. I have this one batch of DMT I’ve had for years, and will probably have til I die… It’s the strongest DMT I’ve ever had, where most deems goes this goes x10. It’s like it takes you even deeper into the fractals of life and reality.

I mention this stuff cuz I periodically get an experience with this batch where I sense that humans just aren’t cut out (at least yet) for this type of exploration. Especially large doses, it feels like it’s almost too deep for most.

One friend of mine tried this batch for his first DMT experience at 100mg, proceeded to dive through a glass table and then lived multiple lives in a matter of minutes. He’ll never touch DMT again.

All that said, if I bring back even .00001% of what I learned then I’m happy.. Usually I do.

-GC

I have this one batch of DMT I’ve had for years, and will probably have til I die… It’s the strongest DMT I’ve ever had
I'm really curious, is it like pure white freebase DMT? or Yellow/red DMT with various other modulating chemicals?

I've only ever done like, PURE DMT, I've never smoked yellow or red DMT. (The salt form is yellow and is also basically PURE DMT... im talking about the other chemicals like NMT)

Sometimes my freebase extracts resulted in some... yellowish/reddish stuff, but I just discarded it, was more oil than crystal. I believe that was plant fat/oils not NMT or anything like that.

I had 5.3g of PURE white fluff DMT crystals, then I had my psychosis... ended up giving most of it away to friends. Otherwise, that stash, probably would have lasted me my whole life (assuming it was stable)

the yellow/ orange goo worked fine for me, but i also got some serious psychosis after my last dmt trip. hallucinated my dad was chasing me to murder me, and then thought i was in hell... then when i came out of it, i was SURE the world was fake and everyone was trumann show- ing me. took me couple of years to get over it, and even a decade and some later i still have tinges of paranoia.

then again, it was probably the cannabis/ dmt/ datura stack my dumbass smoked... wtf was i thinking?!?!

I'm really curious, is it like pure white freebase DMT? or Yellow/red DMT with various other modulating chemicals?

I've only ever done like, PURE DMT, I've never smoked yellow or red DMT. (The salt form is yellow and is also basically PURE DMT... im talking about the other chemicals like NMT)

Sometimes my freebase extracts resulted in some... yellowish/reddish stuff, but I just discarded it, was more oil than crystal. I believe that was plant fat/oils not NMT or anything like that.

I had 5.3g of PURE white fluff DMT crystals, then I had my psychosis... ended up giving most of it away to friends. Otherwise, that stash, probably would have lasted me my whole life (assuming it was stable)

So this stuff was product that was making the rounds in my circles around 2014. It’s unlike any DMT I’ve ever seen, off white/beige rocks that were solid as can be. I saw one rock that looked like the corner of a beaker. I surmised it was either synthetic or someone took a lot of care to make it. I’ve smoked MANY different kinds of DMT from various plant sources and this stuff is somehow different.

Also interesting was its stability. I’ve found only the purest DMT will stay as is in room temperature conditions, even stuff that looks really pure can turn on you with the tiniest residual impurities. I accidentally forgot about a point of this stuff in my wallet for nearly 9mos until one day it magically fell out, upon opening the paper bindle it looked just as good as the day I put it in there.

But yea when it comes to plant sourced, I love the white fluffy crystals, the shinier and whiter the better. One time I had needle like crystals from Acacia an inch or more long, they had just enough NMT to bind them together in what appeared to be fused shards that made all the Wooks go gaga over lol.

Once in awhile I’ll get the hexagonal crystals, those are rare though.

-GC

It's not entirely the DMT - a good 50-60% of the trip is what you bring to it. If you've been reading lots of Mckenna you will probably see that kind of thing on your first few trips. After you've taken it a few dozen times then it becomes unique to you and your life. It just tends to make nature beautiful for me - everything quivering with life, like seeing the world for the first time. I prefer oral DMT (what I like is 4-aco-dmt - same as oral DMT but no nausea)

I like the sentence in DMT The Spirit Molecule where the woman said she felt like a caveman in a computer lab. Most of it goes over my head and I feel like I am watching a certain language or show that has some meaning that I can't figure out. But I can explain two different experiences that had meaning for me. On one of my trips my attention went to time as I blasted off. I saw quite clearly that time can not exists, everything happens at the same time and is impossible for events to happen one after another. On the comedown of that trip I was shown that the opposite was true. Events can only happen on after another and that is the way we live physical life. So I saw both sides very clearly and they both invalidated each other. lol

Another time as I was coming out of the trance there was a scene in my head where someone kept a statue at their front door to ward off non desireable spirits or something like that, then coming out of the trance it was shown the very fact there was a statue to keep out undesireable (whatevers) it was the statue itself and the notion of keeping something away that actually attracted the thing that is was trying to keep away. It was all analogy.

Most of the time all the hieroglyphics and visuals go over my head. I only was able to extract meaning a few times and it was by luck as it all goes over my head.

3 large hits...
One of the best ways I can describe (and is also incredibly insufficient), is that you will stick your hand out a few inches from your face.... and you will have no idea what you are looking at.
Can confirm. Makes it pretty difficult to take 3 hits when after one hit you don’t quite recognize a lighter and after 2 you don’t quite recognize your own hand. But of course that doesn’t quite capture the whole experience - makes it sound more like a simple drug.

Every time I've done DMT everything becomes very cartoony and blocky. unlike any hallucinations I've had on anything else. I actually find it rather unpleasant.

I absolutely am in love with LSD, mescaline, mushrooms etc but DMT is so 'off' to me it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's just my source but ive never been a fan. Mine always came as 1g extract in a vape cartridge. Ive blasted off with it but always into this insane cartoon land. My vendor has top notch LSD edibles mushies you name it but fuck the DMT is weird.

Every time I've done DMT everything becomes very cartoony and blocky. unlike any hallucinations I've had on anything else. I actually find it rather unpleasant.

I absolutely am in love with LSD, mescaline, mushrooms etc but DMT is so 'off' to me it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's just my source but ive never been a fan. Mine always came as 1g extract in a vape cartridge. Ive blasted off with it but always into this insane cartoon land. My vendor has top notch LSD edibles mushies you name it but fuck the DMT is weird.
I would have liked to know your dealer for both the reliable cids and cartoony deems

Visuals impossible to describe lol.
I honestly think that calling the DMT hyperspace "visuals" is like calling a Stanley Kubrick film "a collection of photograms", a categorical mistake.
They are just something else, we called it "visuals" cause it's the common word for "visual phenomena that appears during use of substances" but I think they are something else and totally different, I do think it has some metaphysical dimension to it that cannot be understood at the moment by these more or less developed ape-like creatures called humans...:)