• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Is this a sign of a fake pressed pill?

queenscarlet88

Bluelighter
Hi, hope this thread is ok as I'm not asking "should I take this" or "what do you guys think this is?"

Pressed pills imitating prescriptions seem to be increasingly common. I noticed some strange discoloration on two tablets and wondered if this might signal a fake. There is almost a "stained" appearance--the normal orange color is darker and more powdery looking.

I understand that nobody can tell me definitively "yes, those two pills are fake" or "no, those are legit", so my question is broader: are there reports of counterfeit pills with this level of forgery--the same color, imprinted numbers, and other traits as the real deal? And can a mottled appearance (like these tablets have) be a sign of a counterfeit?

GAoXx7y.jpg

First off, I don't really know. However, are those supposedly straight out of a bottle? I know when I keep pills in my pockets and work up a sweat, the pills can start to sometimes look a little weird. Bottomline is to please err on the side of caution.

If it tastes bittersweet then it contains amphetamine aspartate and is the real deal. Anything pressed off the street would likely contain the sulfate or HCl salt which would have a simple bitter taste. To be honest I don't think anyone would go to the trouble to press fake adderalls, but it is 2018; who knows? But back in the early 2000s when I frequently partook of the adderalls, they frequently had a mottled appearance especially after the guy who they came from would go full on compulsive and count the bottle like 15 times in a row. Good times.

I'm sorry but although you tried to work around making a substance ID thread that's still essentially what this is.

Can a mottled appearance be a sign of a counterfeit? Yeah it could be, it could also be from poorly stored pills or any number of reasons.

Are there reports of this level of forgery? Maybe. But let's say there are reports of a forgery that looked similar to this.

Does that mean these are a forgery? There's no way to know without testing the chemical composition because the mottled appearance could be from any number of reasons.

You might not be directly asking "what is this?" but you seem to be indirectly asking it.

Last edited:
I'd like to add, that unless you watched a pill come out of the blister pack, or sealed bottle, you never really know what it is. There are reports of fake pills that look indistinguishable from the real deal.

That picture is so bad I can't really tell anything from it...but given the thread title I am going to assume they are adderall? I have never, ever heard of counterfeit adderall.