• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there anyway to know if our high isn't like others?

bookshelf1

Bluelighter
i think i may not experience opioid high same as other people.maybe thats why i can put it away easily.
i remember second time i used heroin it was very different than now.i felt like i couldn't breath easily and the light was going more and more intense and the feeling was so powerful that i thought i am going to disappear from this world in a mystical way.i used the whole little plastic bag of heroin.and i never feel like that no matter how much i do.
i feel much more sleepy and breathless when i take heroin or other opioids.im sure it wasn't some other substance.my dealer was the same and he only sold that.
is there any way to find out if my mind is changed and can't feel opioids in a same way to others?i've done a MRI it was normal.i've done a electroencephalogram and it was almost normal.but these can't show us if we can feel the opioid high or not.right?anyone had this experience?i've seen some people who say we don't feel anything by using opioids.but i am talking about getting weaker high not no high ever.

"Drugs effect everyone differently" isn't just an adage, it's the truth.

There are dozens of factors that play into this. Genetics, neurology, liver enzymes, psychology, age/sex/weight, etc. Some ethic groups, particularly Asians, react to opioids differently than others.

However, if two different batches of heroin effected you drastically differently this is most likely due to two things: purity and contaminants/cuts.

Heroin is cut with all sorts of things which can change the high. 20% purity heroin will feel a lot different than 60%. Heroin cut with antihistamines, fentanyl, cannabinoids or other things will feel a lot different.

If you have been taking other drugs, supplements or medications in the days or weeks prior, this can also change the high.

And just a tip: never take your dealer's word for what is in their drugs. In all reality, he probably has no idea either.

One shouldn't forget that drugs are just keys which fit into the right keyhole in our brains and bodies, they alone are nothing and can't do nothing which our bodies couldn't do by themselves (even if they'd never do it, like dumping excessive loads of neurotransmitters, but it's still our brain doing that, not the drug). So everybody will be affected differently by the same drug.

Drugs also change their effects over time, given tachyphylaxis this can also mean that the 2nd or 3rd dosage of a given drug feels pretty different from the previous dosages.

It's also very difficult to describe highs verbally to compare with each other or even more to explain to a non-user how a drug feels. Before I was doing opioids (and even now) I think that a low-dose dissociative high feels much like an opioid one but these two are very different in reality. There are just some common aspects like feeling warm and comfy but this is pretty general and I do think the dissociative warmth is at least partially due to increased metabolism while opioids decrease that.

Last edited: