• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Is there any risk of panic/depersonalization from GHB?

dpdudelol

Greenlighter
Thinking of trying GHB soon - because I want to replace the occasional night of getting drunk.

My issue is I've had bad experiences with weed and coke...racing heart, panic, anxiety, head getting hot, etc which has given me extended depersonalization, like multiple years. I finally got out of it six months ago, so I'm nervous to risk any type of drug that I would go back into it.

I wanted something close to alcohol because alcohol kills any anxiety in my brain about taking drugs, changing my perception, etc. so I always have a good time. No hangovers or bad experiences, I just want to give my liver and calories a break sometimes.

I've done some research on Reddit and only found 1-2 people who had anxiety/depersonalization after the GHB comedown...but idk if they mixed it with other drugs, or maybe took too much. I would start with 0.5mL, then eventually go up to 1-2. I have self control and am only allowing it once every 2 weeks on Thursdays. I have a very set routine with alcohol, lol.

Just curious if anyone has thoughts. A lot of people say nope, anxiety melts away, that would be great! I don't struggle too much with anxiety, only after drugs. But I'm staying as far away as I can from stimulants and cannabinoids. GHB is also GABA like alcohol, so I'd think I'd be in the clear?

Hate feeling foggy and weird after drugs. Thanks much!