• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is there a way to tell if tranq is in the dope without test strips?

Saturnsunflower

Bluelighter
Specifically in Georgia/florida - I’m desperate to get into detox from Fent but have no money and no insurance. Have had no luck cold turkey, I always end up thrashing and screaming (that’s a delicate way to put it…) and begging my husband to just get. The. Dope.

I’m so scared of tranq. I started on the blues in Denver but recent had to move back to the southeast (Georgia/Florida) and I’ve only been able to find powder, not pills, which I’ve heard powder is more likely to have tranq than the blues. Is there anyway I can tell if the stuff I’m getting has tranq in it without actual test strips??

Outside of the test strips, it's going to be difficult to really know the answer to your question. These are the only tool we really have that is (somewhat) available to the public. The only other way is to make an educated guess based upon the effects of the drugs. From what I understand, Xylazine often presents as a much longer sedation period than what Fentanyl alone would normally provide.

At the shelter where I work, it's normal for people to be using Fentanyl every few hours to stay okay. There have been a couple of nights specifically this year in which folks were sedated for 6-8 hours which was really out of the ordinary. The assumption based upon the observation is that the Fentanyl likely contained higher-than-normal levels of Xylazine. I'm in Burlington, VT currently and we typically only see powder up here, though I have heard of the pills being seen occasionally.