• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is there a way to extract the guaifenesin from cheratussin?

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
I have a moderate opiate tolerance, thought not off the charts. I've done CWEs with pills containing codeine/hydro and acetaminophen and it's pretty easy. But I'm wondering if there's a way to extract the codeine from cheratussin syrup while discarding the guaifenesin.

If possible, are there any threads around here outlining how to do it, or could anyone give me directions on how to do this?

Thanks.

Its relatively complicated...i cant seem to find the thread right now, but i know there is one somewhere on how to do this, but i recall it being much more complex than a normal CWE. Just google it and see if anything pops up, it might not have been on this website that i saw it

This thread has basically the same question and the answer in short is, not easily. If you are well versed in polar/ non-polar solvents and acids/ bases and willing to go through with all of that for codeine then maybe, but it's not going to be like a Cold Water Extraction.

https://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/743011-Extracting-Codeine-from-Syrup?

Note: In the above thread Sekio's answer is the one of importance

It's possible, but it's not as rudimentary as a cold water extraction. It's probably too much for the average layperson to handle.

Yea, my opiate tolerance, though not EXTREME, but moderate nonetheless, likely renders the hassle involved worthless.