• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there a name for this type of hallucination, the repeating false ground state?

Fresnel

Bluelighter
I often have an hallucination of a particular type - usually on dissociatives but also sometimes on 2C-B - and wondered if it was common or even had a name. I had a look at the psychonaut wiki but couldn't find anything. It is I suppose a meta hallucination, in that it is an hallucination about your hallucinogenic state.

It consists of periods where you feel you are travelling through layers of reality, or through different versions of the universe, in a rapid glitchy way. Then you feel you have arrived at a particular reality and there is a false sense you have come down, as the travelling through layers has stopped, but slowly and inexorably it begins again and accelerates until once more you land at a false ground state. Rinse and repeat.

It reminds me a little of the slow deafening one has during a descent in an airplane, to be relieved by a pop of the ears, only to begin again.

It also reminds me of spinning out from alcohol or alcohol + cannabis, but rather than physical periods of vertigo/nausea and periods of calm, the fabric of reality is pulling a whitey.

Hi, sorry, should have said this wasn't really a visual experience, more the general perception of where you were at in trip-space.

Sounds like a subjective description of dissociation, dissociative anesthesia, or derealization.

I've had multiple k-holes where I pass between several realities although not quite in the way you described, it's more a slow constant transition between states

Sounds like a subjective description of dissociation, dissociative anesthesia, or derealization.
Oh sure, i mean it mostly happens on dissocs, I was hoping for a word for this more particular experience, and also whether my subjective experience is one shared.

I think the arriving at a false baseline state is the key subjective experience here. And the way one moves between these false ground states.

One of the interesting problems of navigating dissociative states is one has much less of a grasp that one has taken drugs, and what baseline reality should be like. Less so than on tryps or lysergs, i find. You are much more lost if you don't know where home is or what it even looks like.

I have a friend who did BK-2C-B and didn't believe his reality was "reality" for months. He thought he was still tripping and that he would wake up any day in his bed. He also reported feeling very dissociated and depersonalized for this period of time. He had a bad trip that day, and it was his first time with psychedelics. It sounds like he may have experienced something similar to what you describe.

I have a friend who did BK-2C-B and didn't believe his reality was "reality" for months. He thought he was still tripping and that he would wake up any day in his bed. He also reported feeling very dissociated and depersonalized for this period of time. He had a bad trip that day, and it was his first time with psychedelics. It sounds like he may have experienced something similar to what you describe.

I guess that's the converse. Still tripping but thinking you aren't is my thing, not tripping but thinking you are is your friend's. I hope he's doing OK now.

You reminded me though of two Vladimir Nabokov quotes.

"Reality is an infinite succession of steps, levels of perception, false bottoms, and hence unquenchable, unattainable."

" ‘reality’ is one of the few words which mean nothing without quotes."

My point is that the type of hallucination which you describe could have triggered those thoughts in his head. He's doing fine these days. I was really worried for him, but he started meditating and felt better within weeks.