Is there a chat or some sort of real-time communication channel for BL?

Ozle

Bluelighter
Is there any sort of real time chat group (IRC, Skype, etc) for Bluelight, that would allow for faster responses than the forum or PMs?

hello

bluelight is an online discussion forum - it is not, and was never intended to be a real time resource.

what are you asking that requires a quicker response?

alasdair

Sent a PM to a couple of the admins requesting to re-open a thread, and got no response.

which threads did you want re-opened? and who did you pm?

alasdair

as you'll see from her title, ocean is no longer on staff.

sekio and ebola? both have issues preventing their full attention to bl right now but you were not to know that.

to me, it looks like that thread is not intended to be open - it's a reference thread updated by the forum staff. the thread in in tds so try dropping the tds staff a line. in most cases - unless your issue is with a specific moderator - you should contact the forum mods in the first instance.

alasdair

Even if it's a reference thread, I still feel that opening it could be productive. I'll repost here what I sent via PM.

Ozle said:
[The topic of that thread] is a subject that means a lot to me personally, and I think that people who are close to a person who has been a victim of this sort of atrocity (and therefore have witnessed the results first-hand), and those who are themselves victims (I've seen at least a few members on Bluelight imply that they are), would be able to provide some very insightful, unique and valuable information; and in particular information that could be a real and considerable help in explaining to close friends and relatives of victims the right and wrong approaches and attitudes to have when communicating with and supporting these people - advice which sadly, as far as I've see, appears generally sparse, vague and often contradictory across the Internet currently.

I'd definitely also suggest making it such (and making it absolutely clear) that anyone who thinks it amusing to spout inappropriate/offensive comments or accusations in that thread faces an immediate ban.

I will open it up and see how it goes. If it goes well then it will remain open.

There usually is no behavior like that in TDS. If there is then the normal discipline system will work.

Next time please contact staff from the forum you are inquiring about before contacting admin. Thanks in advance.