• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is the psychedelic experience just self-induced schizophrenia

Psychedelics and dissociatives are, in my opinion two extremes of sensory input, but nothing like schizophrenia (psychedelics allow so much sensory input to reach the conscious level, they negate the narrow band that make up everyday reality. Dissociatives just remove all sensory input).
Psychosis is more a fucked up version of the narrow band input. Nothing ecstatic or revelatory about it. Anyone doubting that, try 5 days without sleep with stimulants: that is just the most horrific nightmare going...

i'm schizophrenic, and from what i've read from a lot of folks with regular brain chemistry over the net, i think i made a blue light post wondering how many non schizophrenics hear voices when they trip and i was surprised a lot of you don't have any outside of the head voices while tripping and some people don't even get any extra internal dialogue, so i think that's gonna be a lot different than what i experience with my schizophrenia, with out drugs there are going to be all sorts of strange voices outside my head, and taking drugs sometimes it can even increase the voices... i think i probably get some really similar trip experiences as regular people from what i read about other people's trips and my visuals, but there is a whole audio thing going on with schizophrenia that some people aren't going to get no matter what drugs they take.

i mostly have good experiences with voices as a lot of posters are saying that drugs and schizophrenia are different. schizophrenia is hell and psychedelics are fun. i know some people have terrible trips. part of me if glad some people have such good trips that they don't really recognize that, but non schizophrenics can have bad trips, and as a schizophrenic i've tripped well over 100s of times and mostly it's an enjoyable experience... i see a lot of people on the net worried about getting schizophrenia and i think it's funny, i wouldn't get rid of my schizophrenia even if i had the opportunity. it keeps me in a good mood... i never tell people not to worry about schizophrenia though cause i've written on this board about how i thought people brainwashed me as a child to have a more positive type of schizophrenia. not too sure how in depth that all went or what is really going on in my head though. i just know the voices aren't bad to me.

I think that artist spoken of might have a different type of schizophrenia than most people. i know some people get visuals and see mosters and stuff and have deep meditative experiences with out drugs, but that's not always the way it is... i mostly from my perspective consider schizophrenia to be about the voices, but i guess that's what i understand because that's what type of schizophrenia i have... i have some HPPD symptoms too, but they really aren't out of this world.

From what i read on the net it sounds like more people get drug induced schizophrenia from meth binges than actual psychedelic use. which is weird to me because before i got full time voices, large doses of adderall and staying up would never trigger the voices, but even light psychedelic use would bring out the voices.

i'm schizophrenic, and from what i've read from a lot of folks with regular brain chemistry over the net, i think i made a blue light post wondering how many non schizophrenics hear voices when they trip and i was surprised a lot of you don't have any outside of the head voices while tripping and some people don't even get any extra internal dialogue, so i think that's gonna be a lot different than what i experience with my schizophrenia, with out drugs there are going to be all sorts of strange voices outside my head, and taking drugs sometimes it can even increase the voices... i think i probably get some really similar trip experiences as regular people from what i read about other people's trips and my visuals, but there is a whole audio thing going on with schizophrenia that some people aren't going to get no matter what drugs they take.

i mostly have good experiences with voices as a lot of posters are saying that drugs and schizophrenia are different. schizophrenia is hell and psychedelics are fun. i know some people have terrible trips. part of me if glad some people have such good trips that they don't really recognize that, but non schizophrenics can have bad trips, and as a schizophrenic i've tripped well over 100s of times and mostly it's an enjoyable experience... i see a lot of people on the net worried about getting schizophrenia and i think it's funny, i wouldn't get rid of my schizophrenia even if i had the opportunity. it keeps me in a good mood... i never tell people not to worry about schizophrenia though cause i've written on this board about how i thought people brainwashed me as a child to have a more positive type of schizophrenia. not too sure how in depth that all went or what is really going on in my head though. i just know the voices aren't bad to me.

I think that artist spoken of might have a different type of schizophrenia than most people. i know some people get visuals and see mosters and stuff and have deep meditative experiences with out drugs, but that's not always the way it is... i mostly from my perspective consider schizophrenia to be about the voices, but i guess that's what i understand because that's what type of schizophrenia i have... i have some HPPD symptoms too, but they really aren't out of this world.

From what i read on the net it sounds like more people get drug induced schizophrenia from meth binges than actual psychedelic use. which is weird to me because before i got full time voices, large doses of adderall and staying up would never trigger the voices, but even light psychedelic use would bring out the voices.
Oh, do enough stimulants and you get whispers and shadow people by the bucket load. Several days without sleep and it's full on batshit crazy territory

most drug harm is about sleep, drink, eating.
do you think a rat with some electricity in the center of pleasure in the brain think about sleeping, drinking, eating, they dont care.