• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Is the gelled-up solution of slow-release Ritan absorbed through the rectum if plugged?

Sir.otonin

Bluelighter
I plug a lot of Ritalin, purchasing for a hefty price that's become a serious issue. I recently found out that the 20mg slow-release ones cost the same as 10-mg instant-release pill. so I started purchasing them, but it's a pain in the butt to prepare them for plugging. I've switched from mixing it with water to mixing it with a little bit of preopelene glycol and vegtable glycrine and then adding full fat milk, it gells up much less this way. do you know if the gel is actually absored or not, both the water-based kind and the lipid-based one. with oral bioavailability being so much lower than rectal BA, if the gell is not absorbed through the rectum and I have to take it orally, the 10mg ones would actually be worth more comparing the total amount absorbed, but if the gel is absored with water or lipid, then in cuts my cost in half which is a really big help.

Well i guess the question is, do the plugged 20mg slow-release feel stronger than the plugged 10mg instant release?

Well i guess the question is, do the plugged 20mg slow-release feel stronger than the plugged 10mg instant release?
My tolerance is so immense that I really can't tell because even 600mg plugged as once doesn't make me feel anything, just stave off the withdrawal. I plugg 1000-1200 mgs a day. I haven't tried only plugging the slow-release ones to see if I go into withdrawal or nor

My tolerance is so immense that I really can't tell because even 600mg plugged as once doesn't make me feel anything, just stave off the withdrawal. I plugg 1000-1200 mgs a day. I haven't tried only plugging the slow-release ones to see if I go into withdrawal or nor

Wtf 🤯

You're telling me that you take 1000mg+ of methylphenidate a day (ie, the equivalent of a hundred 10mg tablets per day)?? (I'm not saying I don't believe you, I am just confirming.)

Some years back I was taking 160mg of methylphenidate a day for a very extended period of time, and eventually began experiencing a degree of stimulant psychosis (paranoia, even some faint auditory hallucinations). Took a long time for that to occur but I imagine it would occur pretty quickly at 1000mg/day.

Your heart rate and blood pressure must be through the roof. I've taken a quarter gram of methylphenidate throughout a day before, but a gram + is a whole different level.

Wtf 🤯

You're telling me that you take 1000mg+ of methylphenidate a day (ie, the equivalent of a hundred 10mg tablets per day)?? (I'm not saying I don't believe you, I am just confirming.)

Some years back I was taking 160mg of methylphenidate a day for a very extended period of time, and eventually began experiencing a degree of stimulant psychosis (paranoia, even some faint auditory hallucinations). Took a long time for that to occur but I imagine it would occur pretty quickly at 1000mg/day.

Your heart rate and blood pressure must be through the roof. I've taken a quarter gram of methylphenidate throughout a day before, but a gram + is a whole different level.
Makes me think that most of his plugged 1000mg+ dose has somehow gone to waste and hasn't reached systemic circulation (and he popped them out whenever he took a dump). If plugging 1000mg+ doesn't work, he should try taking it orally to see if it still doesn't work (if it works, there's something going wrong with plugging, assuming he hasn't already tested taking 1000mg+ dose orally). I'd assume a 1000mg+ dose within 24 hours should be enough to cause heart palpitation or other cardiac symptoms.

But I guess no amount of methylphenidate (MPH) will work for some people (like when my doctor prescribed me Concerta 18mg, it didn't do anything on my body for 4 days, so I took 36mg on the 5th day, same felt nothing and I took 54mg the other day, felt nothing and the next day took 72mg, absolutely nothing at all). I was since switched to an amphetamine-based (AMPH) drug (currently on Vyvanse 20mg). I think I only react to AMPHs (since if 72mg on the 7th day felt nothing, I think increasing the MPH dose further wouldn't help anyway; at that point, I should be switching to another medication which I did). And Vyvanse works well on my body—nice smooth onset and smoother comedown than the crystal methamphetamine 24mg I was taking for ADHD.

But Vyvanse 20mg doesn't last me long (5 hours max), so I guess I should ask to increase my dose to 30mg on my next appointment.

Last edited:
If he was plugging the IR it should work. I've never plugged methylphenidate despite having abused it extensively via intranasal and buccal administration (i used to get daytrana methylphenidate patches and stick them to my gums and cheeks). Same principle.

Unless its not prepared properly. You'll need to filter out all the pill binders if you're plugging that amount.

But i feel like stimulant psychosis would be inevitable with daily dosing of that amount. Maybe within a matter of weeks who knows

Unfortunately
Wtf 🤯

Unfortunately this is not a typo or anything, I do consume that much. Ofc I didn't start with that, my tolerance built up through the months. Now for most of the days my daily routine is: I plugg 300-400 mg IR when I wake up and take 200 mg slow-release orally, then I either plugg (or sometime orally take the slow-release ones) 3 or 4 times more throughout the day, each time 200 mgs, or so somedays it is more than 1200. I don't think my plugging method has any problems since I used to plugg 1 pill and get real high years ago.

Now can we please stop reminding me what a shithole I've dug myself into and instead talk about my original question?! 🙈

Now can we please stop reminding me what a shithole I've dug myself into and instead talk about my original question?! 🙈
Well if it’s staving off withdrawal it must be working to some extent.

I’m with @negrogesic i find it hard to believe you are getting that full dose because you’d know about it.

Well if it’s staving off withdrawal it must be working to some extent.

I’m with @negrogesic i find it hard to believe you are getting that full dose because you’d know about it.
What could I be doing wrong? With the slow-release ones I agree that it might not be absorbed completely, as it becomes a hard gel if mixed water and Methylphenidate HCL is not lipid soluble so the PG/VG and milk solution that stops it from gelling is probably not passing through the membrane. But for the IR ones how can I go wrong, you just mix it with water and shove it up there, maybe sometimes you're backed up and some of it is absorbed into the stool, but ofc you're not backed up always. Let me know if you know of a better method. And for the slow-release ones which of the two solutions you think has a better chance of working?

And also I take Olanzapin three times a day which is probably why I haven't had any ssign of stimulant psychosis, and I take Clonidine at nights which probably help with the heart-rate and blood-pressure

What could I be doing wrong? With the slow-release ones I agree that it might not be absorbed completely, as it becomes a hard gel if mixed water and Methylphenidate HCL is not lipid soluble so the PG/VG and milk solution that stops it from gelling is probably not passing through the membrane. But for the IR ones how can I go wrong, you just mix it with water and shove it up there, maybe sometimes you're backed up and some of it is absorbed into the stool, but ofc you're not backed up always. Let me know if you know of a better method. And for the slow-release ones which of the two solutions you think has a better chance of working?
Have you ever thought about shooting up your ir's..with my experience that will provide you with the best buzz..I have plunged drugs before but never got the affect I get off of shooting. 1000 mg per day is alot..I shot Rits for your years and never got past a few hundred milligrams per day

Have you ever thought about shooting up your ir's..with my experience that will provide you with the best buzz..I have plunged drugs before but never got the affect I get off of shooting. 1000 mg per day is alot..I shot Rits for your years and never got past a few hundred milligrams per day
if you mean IVing, I don't know how to buy a micron filter, what kind to buy, and how to use it. Also, I prefer not to shoot IV every day, it would leave marks that would be hard to explain after the first one. If there is a way to shoot it IM then I'm okay with that as I already shoot Ketamine IM regularly. If IM is not possible, I would like to try IV one time if you can inform me what kind of micron filter I should buy and How I should use it, like whether to use gravity for filtering or pressure or centrifugal force or what. a step to step guide would be appreciated. and if IM is possible then that would be the one I'd go with definitely (with a lower dose than I take now obviously, I'm a veterinarian so I know enough about biology to be cautious with these things)

if you mean IVing, I don't know how to buy a micron filter, what kind to buy, and how to use it. Also, I prefer not to shoot IV every day, it would leave marks that would be hard to explain after the first one. If there is a way to shoot it IM then I'm okay with that as I already shoot Ketamine IM regularly. If IM is not possible, I would like to try IV one time if you can inform me what kind of micron filter I should buy and How I should use it, like whether to use gravity for filtering or pressure or centrifugal force or what. a step to step guide would be appreciated. and if IM is possible then that would be the one I'd go with definitely (with a lower dose than I take now obviously, I'm a veterinarian so I know enough about biology to be cautious with these things)
Broo I'm not telling you to shoot..but if you already shoot and decide to try and shoot rit..all you do is crush your i.r. rit into powder.stick it into a spoon..get your needle fill.it with about 40-50 units of water..spray the water into the powder in your spoon..stir it up then grab a q tip..pull some cotton off of it..roll it into a ball..and put it into the spoon then suck up the liquid into your needle..then shoot it into your vein

Broo I'm not telling you to shoot..but if you already shoot and decide to try and shoot rit..all you do is crush your i.r. rit into powder.stick it into a spoon..get your needle fill.it with about 40-50 units of water..spray the water into the powder in your spoon..stir it up then grab a q tip..pull some cotton off of it..roll it into a ball..and put it into the spoon then suck up the liquid into your needle..then shoot it into your vein
This is just begging for an embolism