• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is switching from subutex to codeine phosphate a better move to trying to get off all opiates eventualy as im wanting to go to a 7 day rehab

jock briton

Bluelighter
switching from low dose bupe to codeine phosphate in order to go and do a 7 day detox centre any advice how long should i wait until i take codeine and how much i should take as been on bupe 8 years

You didn't mention how much bupe you're on... but unless you're on an extremely low dose it's hard to imagine codeine will hold you considering it has something of a ceiling effect. Does your codeine contain acetaminophen? because at high doses it can cause liver failure. In that case make sure you do a cold water extraction.

As for how long to wait, it depends. you might get some effect at 36 hours but probably closer to 72 hours if you get any effect at all.. you might be looking at only minor reduction in symptoms.

just googled the ceiling effect, its around 10mg per kg. so if you're 50kg that would be 500mg. anything after that you're probably going to get limited returns.

Last edited:
why are you switching to codeine anyway? did the detox centre ask you to? or are you supposed to abstain completely?

I'd say go for it.codeine is surprisingly effective on top of bupe.less than 2mg bupe a day and U will still get a good buzz frythe codeine.if U can switch to codeine from bupe completely getting of the codeine is easy as it has severely diminished withdrawal effects if U are only taking one dose a day there barely non existent.

I'd use Dihydrocodeine instead if u can as it has no ceiling effect and its roughly twice the strength of Codeine. DHC is considered the strongest of the weak opioids.

Hey Jock Briton, like Pickled Lemons said, we would like more details before rendering an opinion. We want you to be as successful as possible and, as everyone is different, we need more details.

In a general sense, I think this is a pretty sound way to go. There is a lot of variability among detox centers. Some strictly use Bupe to detox, which I'm sure you dont want.

I think you should get your Codeine level down as far as you can before detox, then utilize the comfort medications they give you to help you make it through withdrawa without too much trauma.

Good luck! We really would love to hear back from you about how things went. You can do it buddy.

Hey Jock Briton, like Pickled Lemons said, we would like more details before rendering an opinion. We want you to be as successful as possible and, as everyone is different, we need more details.

In a general sense, I think this is a pretty sound way to go. There is a lot of variability among detox centers. Some strictly use Bupe to detox, which I'm sure you dont want.

I think you should get your Codeine level down as far as you can before detox, then utilize the comfort medications they give you to help you make it through withdrawa without too much trauma.

Good luck! We really would love to hear back from you about how things went. You can do it buddy.
well keith i went on the kratom this is my tenth day im going to do it for 2 weeks so 4 more days then jump off i was going to go down the codeine route but after thinking hard about it i just said to myself to hell with it im just swapping one for the other,now i know it could be said thats what iv done with the kratom but 2 weeks shouldnt be to hard to come off it,im hopeing most of the sub will be off my receptors in 2 weeks,iv got zoplicone and vallium 10mg to use for first 5 days thats all and just gonna get on with it iv messed around to long being scared of withdrawal which has kept me on these opiate for years longer than i should have been,but cheers for all the replys you have gave me the last few weeks