• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is snorting codeine worth it?

To me it seems that codeine actually takes effect a lot faster than orally dosed morphine (in form of poppy pod or seed extract). It's probably that it's absorbed faster from the stomach and the time it takes for it to be converted to actives in the liver is not as significant a factor. Carbonated beverages make the absorption faster as Nicomorphinist said. The effect from some dose of codeine can be quite unpredictable (at least if you don't have significant tolerance), it's possible that the same amount had only a mild effect yesterday and today it gets you really high.

I agree with the hit and miss metabolisation @polymath, however unwashed Poppy pods are usually numerous alkaloids, e.g bit of thebaine, and papaverine to name 2 of the main 6. Therefore inducing and inhibiting CYP’s at different rates.

You make a good point though, In class i remember seeing a journal paper that raced oral Codeine and oral morphine through the liver, and codeine won, obviously at 10% or so final metabolite. Very strange!!

Yeah haha one of these guys did have an abscess on his leg that he hadn't sought treatment for to the extent that we all thought he was gonna get his leg amputated very soon so probably not the most reliable source.

But what about rectal codeine? That's something ive heard of more commonly and wouldn't that also bypass metabolism?

Exactly the same as insufflated mate, mucous membranes just at different ends lol.

Here is what I would do and have done with Codeine.

00.00 50mg Promethazine with a carbonated drink.
+1hr 150mg Codeine caplets (that’s what I have)
+30mins 150mg Codeine caplets.

Giving time for initial Promethazine to work, and not overloading the liver with 300mg Codeine at once.

My point stands. There's really no reason to take it any route other than oral. I've tried it and done it all ways. When I was on assignment in Duhok, all I could get for the first few days was Codeine. I tried all kinds of ways and never found any reason to try anything other than the oral ROA.