• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is shake'n'bake that dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeul Mos

Greenlighter
Is it so dangerous to make? I mean there are only 5-6 chemicals involved in the reaction and it doesn't even seem to go that aggressive.

I am inclined to close this post I don't see any good HR coming out of this... unless more people want to tell him how bad of an idea this is I will leave it open for now. But if this turns into synth, or how "I did it and I was fine, I am closing it."

OK, do me a favor. Go buy a two liter bottle of whatever soft drink ya like and stick it in your freezer. About 50% of the time the bottle will rupture and explode, destroying your frozen vegetables.

Now, imagine that the sugary syrup is lye, and those carrots are your face...

If you have to ask if it is safe, you cannot do it safely. Period.

You seriously don't want to have something explode in your face or your body. Walking around looking like the walking dead. Look at some of those pics. Seriously.

Is that really a risk you want to take to be tweaked for a day or two? Crystal is bad enough for you, that stuff is probably a lot worse. You need to understand chemistry to make drugs or else you could poison yourself with toxic chemicals.

Really bad idea. Don't hang out with folks that do this.

If you want meth that badly to resort to one of the dirtiest synthesis methods maybe you should rethink your use. If you are hell bent on doing this at least strongly research the reactions that are happening.

You must realize that whatever you make is going to be covered in toxic reagents. Even if you manage to wash the final product you clearly aren't a chemist and will most likely end up with toxic substances left over. It would be better to just go source some meth, at least then you wouldn't be preforming a dangerous amateur synth.

Bad idea. One of my buddies did this and now he has no fingers on his right hand.

And the super shitty part is even after all that trouble he still ended up with no meth, obviously.

The problem with "shake n bake" meth is that the people who attempt to make it are METH HEADS. That's why they end up blowing themselves up. There are some very volatile reactions during the synthesis of methamphetamine, along with highly toxic fumes.

If someone who is knowledgeable in chemistry and understands syntheses, they could do the "shake n bake" method with ease. Those sort of people would probably prefer doing a P2P cook or just about ANY other method with a higher yield.

Anyone who is considering this method of synthesis has basically no chemistry knowledge and even if successful, is going to yield some HIGHLY unpure meth that will surely have traces of toxic substances in it.

Even if you are experienced about chemistry, you simply dobnot know the condition of a new or used plastic bottle. Dont do it.

Even if you are experienced about chemistry, you simply dobnot know the condition of a new or used plastic bottle. Dont do it.

Here's an idea, don't actually use a plastic bottle. Like I said, someone experienced isn't going to be using this ridiculous method anyways.

Yes it's dangerous. It's toxic garbage that should be flushed. If you are arrested it will be treated/prosecuted just like real methamphetamine.

Meth is a shit drug if u think forward to the endless crash imho.

I'd say yes. By far the worst accidents I've had working in organic chemistry have all involved sep. funnels. This has resulted in getting soaked with corrosive shit from dropping while shaking or the stopper not sealing correctly. Shaking stuff, possibly under pressure, in a flimsy container like a soft drink bottle is not a good idea.

This doesn't even take into consideration that the whole method is basically a shortcut. Most people trying to do everything in one pot (or soda bottle) aren't going to work up the reaction properly.

Even with lab exp and a proper lab setup for this method is still extremely risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.