• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Is Robaxin safe with kratom?

Current research lacks information on Robaxin's (methocarbamol) binding profile. What we do know is that it is demethylated by the liver.
Kratom (mitragynine) targets three receptor sites MOR (mu opioid receptor), DOR (delta opioid receptor), and KOR (kappa opioid receptor). It should also be noted that Kratom is known to interact with dopamine and serotonin.

Both Kratom and Robaxin are CNS depressants and both substances are metabolized primarily through the liver.

Now here's my two cents...
Simply, I don't believe there is a significant risk of death or harm. I do have some concerns regarding the conflicting enzyme activity resulting in possible over-intoxication or harm. While we lack information to make a definitive call on whether or not these two substances interact at the same receptors or not. What is known is that both substances will potentiate one another and synergize (1+1=4). I think that this combination is not inherently dangerous. If you do try this combination I would start with lower doses of both substances than what you are accustomed to and slowly work your way up to where you are comfortable. As always, you can always take more, but never less.

If you do take these substances together please report back so that the community can learn more about how they interact.

Stay safe and best wishes!
Azed

Would you describe what you felt as a high? Was it comfortable or uncomfortable? Are they better when taken individually?
Yea I felt a little high, I also took a half a clonazepam with it (but I should note that I was doing it to try to help with tramadol withdrawals)
So I still felt a little crappy (like my stomach) … but I’m not sure if it was from the tramadol withdrawal. My bad I probably should have mentioned all that in my original post

Yeah. Thanks everyone. I wasn’t sure because there were anecdotal reports of seizures but idk how that combination would cause seizures yet I don’t know much so….