• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is regular moderate ephedrine use unsafe?

stormfish

Greenlighter
Is regular ephedrine use unsafe? I've been using about 3 BronkAid tablets before work bc I enjoy the boost it gives me (ephedrine sulphate), so roughly 60 mg of pure ephedrine since sulfate has about 19.20ish mg per 25 mg pill.

From a health Canada website, another article mentioned neurotoxicity

Long-term exposure to ephedrine leads to neurotoxicity and neurobehavioral disorders accompanied by up-regulation of CRF in prefrontal cortex and hippocampus in rhesus macaques.

Studies show that dietary supplements containing ephedrine can cause serious and possibly fatal side effects especially when combined with caffeine or other stimulants. Ephedrine has been linked to over 60 medical complications in Canada and 81 deaths in the United States.

I would not consider it safe. I have to have an epipen and the few times I've used it I've had to go to emergency because it feels like my heart is beating out of my body

I would not consider it safe. I have to have an epipen and the few times I've used it I've had to go to emergency because it feels like my heart is beating out of my body
Is it an epinephrine pen?

Are they the same thing? I have heard epinephrine is 100 times stronger?

I think you misunderstand what Comrade Jen is saying. She's saying that she had basically overdosed on ephadedra. Honestly ephedra is probably more or less safe....but, maybe keep it down to once a week if you want to use it?

If you need more stimulants there are also caffeine, sage and..yes, transcendental meditation open for you if you are looking for wholesome, fun stimulants. Chocolate is a better stimulant than people give it credit for.

I think you misunderstand what Comrade Jen is saying. She's saying that she had basically overdosed on ephadedra. Honestly ephedra is probably more or less safe....but, maybe keep it down to once a week if you want to use it?

If you need more stimulants there are also caffeine, sage and..yes, transcendental meditation open for you if you are looking for wholesome, fun stimulants. Chocolate is a better stimulant than people give it credit for.
Yeah I also have ephedra tea from not knowing I could get straight ephedrine in pill form from my local pharmacy, tried that and it was strange? More like an adrenaline shot than a stimulating feeling. Thank you for the recommendations. I was using a supplement called addall you can get online that had dmha and 1-amino-2-phenylethane? That was okay but also had phenibut in it and I didn't like that.

Long-term exposure to ephedrine leads to neurotoxicity and neurobehavioral disorders accompanied by up-regulation of CRF in prefrontal cortex and hippocampus in rhesus macaques.
At what levels of use did they conduct the study on?

60 mgs is a high dose. Even divided throughout the day. Most I've used with 40-50 mgs ,over ten years ago, and had heart beating fast. Wouldn't use this at most more than two months out of the year, depending on your age, ans natural dopamine levels

Long-term it can lower dopamine and ne levels, causing them to go below baseline. There's a reason heavy stimulate users have low dopamine levels , even to the point of Parkinson's.

chocolate with MAO-b-i gives you phenethylamine high. About half of people like it, half of them absolutely do not. I don't know why.

I wouldn't do that too much either. Phenethylamine is just fine on low doses, our body produces that too, but you can also go into deep end with stuff and I must assume it turns neurotoxic too at some point, just common sense, because it is very dopaminergic and slightly serotonergic.

Is regular ephedrine use unsafe? I've been using about 3 BronkAid tablets before work bc I enjoy the boost it gives me (ephedrine sulphate), so roughly 60 mg of pure ephedrine since sulfate has about 19.20ish mg per 25 mg pill.

I’d say for daily consumption that’s probably a lot.

Also, I dig your handle.

Always, fair winds and following seas