• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Recovery Possible?

Goldd

Greenlighter
I have had noticable brain damage from DXM abuse and was just wonderring if anyone on here knows if I will recover or not. I only abused it for 1 month but in that month I drank 10 12oz robitussin bottles, going on 2 well over 1,000mg DXM trips a week in that month. I did it from January to February 2016 and its August 2016 now and I still dont feel like I did prior to the abuse. I only turned 18 in June and after I stopped abusing DXM all my friends told me I have never been the same. I have all the basic long term effects(memory, emotionless, etc.). Half my friends tell me I am recovereing and the other half say I'm not, what do you guys think, did I screw my head up for life or will I recover soon?

we can't really tell you as you don't have a medical diagnosis.
i have brain damage from a fentanyl OD, which effected my cerebellum resulting in all kinds of issues, but what your friends are describing sounds less like a serious injury and more like the symptoms of addiction and co-morbid depression/anxiety.

go see a doctor.

Maybe you felt like this before the dxm and dont realize it. Theres a reason we use drugs in the first place and its usually to feel or not feel a certain way. Coming off of it leaves you back to normal which you didnt like in the first place otherwise you wouldve never used in the first place.