• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Is pyrazolam physically addictive ?

Sadly only got to try it once. If i had access to etizolam or other thienodiazepine i would be eager to explore it because it seems interesting unlike benzos.

Etizolam is a normal benzo, effect wise. I could not differentiate between etizolam and xanax, pretty identical feeling.

also "pam"...diazepam, clonazepam, lorazepam etc
Clobazam is predominantly a positive allosteric modulator at the GABAA receptor with some speculated additional activity at sodium channels and voltage-sensitive calcium channels.[26]

Like other 1,5-benzodiazepines (for example, arfendazam, lofendazam, or CP-1414S), the active metabolite N-desmethylclobazam has less affinity for the α1 subunit of the GABAA receptor compared to the 1,4-benzodiazepines. It has higher affinity for α2 containing receptors, where it has positive modulatory activity.[27][28]

It is a Benzodiazepine right, so we know that it probably fits the precise definition of a "physically addictive" drug. Look at it this way, they have yet to design an Opioid that gets you high, feels great, but is not addictive and doesn't produce dependence. The Opioids that are less euphoric are less desired. Likewise, they have yet to design a Benzodiazepine that possesses all of the desired qualities of a Benzodiazepine, with none of the drawbacks. At best, they seem to design Benzodiazepines with more of "this" and less of "that", as they have with Opioids, but what you are describing is called "having your cake and eating it too".

I'm not saying medical science won't one day get there. Aldous Huxley described a scene in "Brave New World" regarding a society where drugs are used to alter peoples' moods without any of the drawbacks that we all are so familiar with. Pyrazolam may be more or less addictive or likely to produce dependence than another Benzodiazepine, but it is still a Benzodiazepine.