• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is pre-supplementation counterproductive to a roll?

GACK

Greenlighter
So after a few years of taking mdma i've decided to try be healthy about it so i did a bit of research and bought Na-R-Ala, EGCg, Vitamin c, magnesium, Co-Q10 and 5-htp (pretty much everything suggested on rollsafe) and tonight i've seen people saying taking all these make a roll less powerful. Is this true and what out of these may cause a roll to feel weaker? While i was reading posts about these supplements making the effects of mdma weaker I saw people mentioning that smoking marijuana pre-roll and during the roll is just as good at protecting neurons and is a good anti-oxidant, does anyone know much about this?

Thanks for any info, much appreciated :D

Yes too much pre-roll supplements can weaken a roll sometimes. The only pre-roll things i do is a healthy meal 2-3 before and prehydration. I dont take powerful health supplements before rolling because times i have i noticed it weakened rolls most times. I focus more on post roll health supplements. I feel its more beneficial and health important to focus on after roll health.

If you are rolling with out heavily abusing then i would say pre supplementing is definitely not necessary. Just focus on after roll mostly. Im not saying to totally stop taking pre roll supplements, just stick to ones you feel are most important to your health. I would stick with vitamin c and calcium magnesium about 1-2 hour before taking mdma.
Vitamin c will help protect your mind and body and magnesium will help with jaw clenching/teeth grinding stuff.

From personal experience pre-loading with Vit C shortens the roll and makes it less intense so now i just preload with ALA and magnesium and postload with a whole bunch more (Vit C,E,ALA,ALCAR,NOOPEPT,Epicatechin, multivit, melatonin etc) :)

From personal experience pre-loading with Vit C shortens the roll and makes it less intense so now i just preload with ALA and magnesium and postload with a whole bunch more (Vit C,E,ALA,ALCAR,NOOPEPT,Epicatechin, multivit, melatonin etc) :)

Is there a reason to take Melatonin when you go to sleep, after the roll? In www.rollsafe.org they recomend the same (~10 mg), but I did not found a reason for it.

Is there a reason to take Melatonin when you go to sleep, after the roll? In www.rollsafe.org they recomend the same (~10 mg), but I did not found a reason for it.
With my years of experience, its only troublesome trying to go to sleep while still stimulated/high/coming down or whatever. If taking a drug that keeps you awake just expect and prepare to be up until you are tired enough to then sleep. Trying to go to sleep while feeling up on drugs feels negative to me, causing sleep paralysis and odd visions.

But as far as melatonin is concerned, it is to aid in helping you fall asleep as far as i know.

Vitamin C's acidity might be counterproductive to absorption but I would definitely still take it anyways. I don't believe there is anything counterproductive going on at the brain level with anti-oxidants, likely a more powerful experience with more serotonin concerning 5-HTP but I wouldn't mix the two, I would just take the 5-HTP afterwards and then of course melatonin when trying to sleep (melatonin is an antioxidant as well). THC was shown to be partially protective but also changed the neurotoxicity in a strange way, and it was different for guys and girls. Oh and btw if you didn't hear the EGCG inhibits an enzyme so that when you take 5-HTP orally it has a better chance of getting taken into your brain so ECGC+5HTP are recovery but I would definitely take all the anti-oxidants before, Alpha Lipoic acid is good! and Vitamin E is very good to add by the way, vitamin E being muy bueno because its fat soluble so it lasts a while (you can be dosing it just in the days leading up to the roll and will be effective even if you don't take it with the E if you're really worried about shit effecting your roll) and just to be clear nothing replaces good anti-oxidant protection :) Though long term abuse will be damaging regardless.

Normally your brain makes melatonin out of serotonin, and serotonin can be pretty depleted after a roll. Its also an anti-oxidant but really has many health benefits, mainly it will help you sleep though, but if you have adrenaline still in your system it will be hard no matter how much melatonin you take. But melatonin really helps some people sleep, especially extended release (it doesn't last very long).