• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is opioid use, save for previous addicts, on decline since fentanyl

Stimfreak2234

Bluelighter
I’ve always wondered this, it seems so risky to even get into opioids, with fentanyl and tolerance and all that. I don’t know much about opioids. Have done hydrocodone twice 6 years ago, but I was always a stimulant guy(hence username).Now when I browse recovery forums, it seems most people who still struggle with opioids, have been for years, and are long time users, before fentanyl. Are less people getting into opioids for the first time in general?

idk....more may be,nnot less-look U.S.,Canada,U.K>
....Western Europe...on the East too.....more people in general fells in various addictions,not only to painkillers......

Yes I think opioid use in general is down overall in the US since the pharma opioid crisis. Much less going around. Pill mills don't exist anymore. Legal cannabis also leads to lower opioid use.

It only seems like it's getting worse because more people are dying, but this is just because of fentanyl.

I can't speak for other countries.

Yes I think opioid use in general is down overall in the US since the pharma opioid crisis. Much less going around. Pill mills don't exist anymore. Legal cannabis also leads to lower opioid use.

It only seems like it's getting worse because more people are dying, but this is just because of fentanyl.

I can't speak for other countries.
I see, thanks for letting me know, I thought I was just coming up with shit in my head.