• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Is my Marquis kit defective? (Marquis Mystery Theatre)

jamrobofist

Greenlighter
So I ordered a Marquis kit from Bunk Police, and I've tested a few of my friends' samples. To make this more interesting, let's treat it like a little mystery case. As my first post here, I was hoping bluelight could help play detective with me and maybe we can crack it together. Here are the facts:

Test Kit:
-In 4 or 5 different "MDMA" samples from different sources (and different states on the east coast), the result was the same dark yellow. I washed the vials after each use and on one occasion used a porcelain plate instead. The fact that none of these samples contained even a trace of MDMA seemed unlikely, but with all the crap going around it could very well be bad luck.

-In 1 sample of blotter my friend believed to contain LSD, the result was dark yellow again. This seemed odd.

-Sugar was tested (supposed to turn yellow and then brown). It turned yellow, and maybe 2 of the 20 grains of sugar actually turned brown while rest did not change. The liquid remained yellow.

-Asprin, which is supposed to turn dark red, instead turned a faint pink shade. The aspirin does contain the inactive ingredients hypromellose, starch, and titanium dioxide (I thought most aspirin had these though, as binding agents or something. Regardless, my understanding was that the Marquis is testing for the presence of aspirin, so it should have turned dark red regardless of other trace chemicals, right?)

To me this seemed inconclusive. I did leave the reagent in a hot car by accident for a day before any of these tests, so I'm wondering if this may have compromised it. I also keep it in my closet rather than in a fridge. Is this the proper way to store it?

I'm most curious about the most recent sample I've tested. It passes the visual test for what powder MDMA is "supposed" to look like:
-Off-white crystals, smaller than grains of sand but not a fine powder,
-don't stick to each other or to the inside of the capsule,
-similar to the sample in this photo but a little more white (still have a definite tan tinge): https://mycotopia.net/forums/attach...-mdma-eddible-lime-chem-question-p9040007.jpg (photo is from someone else's identification thread)
-tastes very bitter, smells a bit sweet, but not very noticeable. cant discern a licorice (mdma) or what i heard described as pistachio (methylone)

Still, the fact that it is small grains rather than larger chunks is not promising.

From my research of the common MDMA adulterants, the ones that look closest to this sample are MDPPP, BZP and MDPV. The color indicated in the test is closest to MDPV, so if the kit is not compromised, this is likely what the sample is.

The seller

was recommended by a friend. Seller explained that while he had not tried the sample himself, one of his friends (a big guy who was experienced with MDMA) could vouch for it, and claimed to have rolled hard from only .08g . The sample was sold as .15g, and when weighed after purchase this measurement was accurate. My friend did the test before buying, and although it came up yellow, he bought it anyway, beginning to doubt at this point that the kit worked correctly. Because the test was inconclusive, the seller sold the .15g for $15 instead of the $20 he normally charged. It seems like if the seller was confident that this was real MDMA, he would not have lowered the price. On the other hand, he could have just not known what to do, as this had never happened to him before. Seller was perfectly friendly and open, and expectedly didn't really know what to say when the kit turned yellow.

So what's the most likely outcome?
A) The test kit was compromised, either from being left in the heat for 24 hours or some other reason. Evidence is the ambiguous results from the sugar/aspirin tests and confusing blotter result. Current sample unknown, although it looks like MDMA.

B) The test kit is probably fine, and my friends just have shitty luck with getting quality MDMA. They should just give up and find new hobbies.

I know there are a million of these threads so I apologize, but the results from the test kit really have me doubting everything.

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited:
even after leaving a one year old test kit in a hot car for a few days, it still tested yellow for bathsalts and black for real mdma. sounds like you bought bathsalts. weird that he claimed to roll hard from .08 when even real mdma doesnt do much at .08 unless youre a tiny girl.