• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is my body craving heroin?

SScull

Greenlighter
So I have pretty significant experience with opiates, im a frequent pill popper (as frequently as can be found in my town), use syrup whenever available, have freebased, and have dabbled in opium use.
Recently though I made the decision to use heroin with a close friend. The first time I used H it was accompanied with smoking roxies. After the roxie use we then snorted and smoked a bit of the H. I'm new to heroin but I know I did quite a good amount. I also had two beers that night and the next day there was hell to pay. I was so sick and disoriented I had to call out of work. The second time, which was not long after the first use, we simply snorted it. Again, I'm sure we snorted a good amount and I felt a pretty strong high. Even though I didn't drink this time the next day I felt a bit queasy and had a numb headache. I've never felt addicted to any substance but adderall and alcohol (even though opiates are my DOC), but its been two days since my last use and my body is still feeling a bit strange, I have a weird feeling that if I used H it would go away. Is it possible my body is already craving it?

Your body isn't craving it but YOU are. Your mind is, you have only used two times there's no way your body craves it. I've gotten minor hangovers from opiates but nothing that didn't go away.

this is why it's got such a reputation as the most addictive drug out there. just wait for the real withdrawals.

ya sometimes in my opiate naive stage I would take a powerful opiate and have such a strong ride that I would have a minor 12 hour WD immediately upon waking up. I of course being the genius I was would just take some hydro after to feel better... not like that made the addiction worse or anything.

The second time I had it I had a quarter gram, and it was that fire #3 it lasted me 2 nights and a morning, that night and the next day more so I started to feel like shit. Depressed pissed off feeling so lack of dopamine I assume but that's probably mild w/d's. Very silly of me being an informed drug user but I am a fiend if I have something lying about that's got a rush and a bit of dopamine release I can't say no. Physically not addicted but mentally H is morish, not as bad as coke but if you take enough your mind will trick you into a physical addiction.

Yeah I have been feeling more depressed than usual after using, its affected my work ethic a bit. Im not opposed to using H again but I did suspect it was just mentally wanting it.