• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is modafinil really that good???

glab

Bluelighter
I watched vids on youtube with David Asprey and he attributed his success to modafinil.
He was basically saying that without it he would not be where he is now.

I heard that the drug from the movie limitless is supposedly modafinil.

Is this stuff really good? I also read stuff from people who took it and said it's overrated.

I just wonder, what if it really makes you feel like the guy in limitless?

I watched other vids as well and there are people who claim that it works for them exactly this way!

This intrigues me.

I also want to feel like the guy in limitless where I'm totally sharp and productive and get stuff done.

Stimulants don't do this for me. :(

Btw, I once took 100mg modafinil and I felt nothing. Do you need more and should you feel an instant effect
and if you feel nothing then it's not working for you?

It's a wakefulness promoting drug rather than a typical stimulant like amphetamine, methylphenidate etc. Everyone has a different opinion on it.

I find it pretty useless for being sharp or productive. Exercise is about the only thing that accomplishes that for me.

With Moda I end up fuzzy-headed and develop insomnia that gets cumulatively worse over time.

100mg is a reasonable starting dose, but the dose range is anything from 50-600mg for the majority of people. God knows how anyone sleeps on 600mg though.

I'll move this thread over to BDD where you'll probably get more responses.

They say it is some miracle med that keeps you up with no crash.

This isn't true at all, there is a pretty difficult crash time, because you'll feel cranky & depressed. Modafinil is overrated but it's still better than sobriety to me, ha.

What if modafinil works awesomly for some people but not for others?

This annoys me. I want to get the same advantage they get.

Drugs definitely do affect everyone differently. ^ so that probably explains the fab reviews im hearing but mediocre high I've gotten...

It's like my bf and me with morphine... It makes him feel perfect, his fave drug ever. Me, I think some other opiates are much stronger

It angers me when I think about that modafinil acts like a miracle drug for some people but not for me.
I think modafinil should be taken off the market. This is simply not fair.

I'm not sure if you are serious or not, but life isn't fair. Do you think caffeine should be "taken off the market" as well? Saying that, perhaps every mind-altering substance should be taken off the market because only some people can enjoy the good effects with few if any negatives, and others can't.

Oh wait, no, that's what governments have been trying to do for years with disastrous consequences.

Regarding Modafinil, I personally do find it to be a pretty clean and motivating stimulant with some definite mood-enhancement as well as simple wakefulness (this is at a 200mg dose - I also tried dosing 100mg one time but was not affected). The mood enhancement effects, I think, will fade if it is taken too frequently though, I have not taken it more than 2 days in a row so far as I don't want to tempt fate or tolerance.

its a drug that narcoleptics take so they don't just fall asleep during the day - that's it. its not gonna improve your IQ or anything.
ive taken it several times to stay up late finishing off essays - in that sense its good, but its so overhyped.

Nothing is going to be a miracle drug like that movie. Im not as against modafanil as others but prefer other stimulants over it exactly because it doesnt make you feel much of anything. Besides the wakefulness enhancing nature of modafanil, I enjoy it because it makes me be able to articulate the thoughts in my brain more effectively. I do think you should try 200mg if you can to see if it has anything to give to you but will warn that for me, all the effects of modafanil tend to diminish quite quickly.