• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is MDMA still in my body?

Storyteller

Greenlighter
Hi guys. I'll try to be as brief as possible since I really feel the urge to write.
I took MDMA for the first time on Saturday night, say Sunday around 2am. It was a beautiful experience, apart from the first 10min (you can't really tell) of deep paranoia.
Once I worked my way out of paranoia I had a great time until 6,30/7,30am. That's when I got very relaxed and left the club to go home and "sleep".
No idea how much I took, I just know they passed me a bottle and the whole crystal was there, so I swallowed.
It was an amazing experience since it wasn't planned at all. It just happened to go out without money to meet a friend. Events unfolded so that we'd find ourselves in a club. I had such a positive attitude that I hadn't doubted to try.

I had a terrible down on Sunday night.
Monday morning (feels like a month ago, but it's two days ago) I had an interview. Nailed it. I got to the next step they told me. I was still rolling, but, this time, up, happy. I felt the urge to write. I started writing down my experience and I haven't stopped ever since. I'm writing about this weird comeback still. I had the most amazing 2 days of my life and this 3rd one turned out to be amazing too.
Had another interview (group one this time) yesterday and nailed it. They called me this morning giving me the job. I'm still documenting all that is happening to me.

80-90% of the time I feel enthusiastic, positive, active, about everything. When I feel I'm starting to be negative I just manage to change my attitude in a few minutes, 10min tops, either writing down what I feel or just find a cool outlet to wear it off and looking for something that'd make me happy. I'm walking a lot. Doing lot of things. Feeling inspired, communicative, connected and creative. From what I have read so far it looks like is not normal. I just feel I'm still rolling although all the common physical sympthoms have gone.

It looks like I have nothing to worry about but I just like to be informed. They told me it's impossible that I'm still on it. They also told me I'd be depressed for a week. My honest personal experience is that I'm having the best time of my life. It feels like being on a roller coaster all the time so I admit it gets overwhelming but ehy! not complaining.

Any expert that could share some info? Also I'd like to know if it's safe to smoke weed right now. I'd like to chill down a bit but all I know is that it interacts with MDMA differently with different people.

Thank you a lot!

Last edited:
It's simply the first time afterglow. Enjoy it, you will try and chase this feeling for the rest of your life, and unfortunately never quite get it again. Your mind has been opened by the drug but unfortunately it is fleeting. The drug itself is gone, but the mental scares that it has left behind are what you are feeling now.

You will be fine to smoke weed.

No, there isn't a meaningful (pharmacologically active) amount of MDMA in your system. The time it takes your body to get rid of MDMA depends on the dose, but you could roughly estimate that the levels drop by half every 12 hours. This means drug levels are at about 6.25% of their peak at two days and less than 1% of their peak at 3.5 days after drug use.

Studies in healthy volunteers given MDMA in Franz Vollenweider's lab confirm that it is pretty common to be more emotionally sensitive and vulnerable after MDMA.

It's simply the first time afterglow. Enjoy it, you will try and chase this feeling for the rest of your life, and unfortunately never quite get it again. Your mind has been opened by the drug but unfortunately it is fleeting. The drug itself is gone, but the mental scares that it has left behind are what you are feeling now.

You will be fine to smoke weed.

This - the afterglow of a great experience can be as good as the experience itself.

i remember my first afterglow. i smoked some weed and my roll came right back. too bad the world cant just be naturally rolling. to me it makes life the way its meant to be.