• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is MDMA really that harmful?

chippie27

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I've been reading posts on this site for a while, so thought I'd ask for some wisdom:

I recently rediscovered MDMA after a 5 year break (was buying dirty pills in clubs, and doing too much of a night). I was at a rave in the summer and bought a gram of MDMA crystal. When it kicked in, it blew my mind; like the first time I dropped years ago. I was sitting/ laying on a field near the music feeling like everything in the world was perfect, and my body felt like it was melting into the ground (in a good way). I met loads of awesome people which im still friends with. We all went to an after party afterwards with everyone dancing, smiling and hugging everytime an awesome house tune came on.

I've regained my love for this beautiful 'drug', and have done it a couple of times since. I love the person it makes me, (not that I hate myself), and the way it makes my bonds with friends and loved ones stronger. I feel great for days, even weeks after a really good night on it.

Now, back to reality. I have a young son, and I don't want to damage myself more than absolutely necessary. But I really feel the benefits to using MDMA in moderation. If I get it pure (I test with Mandelin and Marquis), and go easy, can it be a normal part of life, like so many people see drinking as? Obviously I don't want to do it as often as most people drink, if you know what I mean.

Most of my mates are into coke and ket, which im not, so I cant get any good MD advice from them.

Cheers guys

Hi there chippie and welcome to bluelight :)

The short answer is that MDMA is potentially very damaging but doesn't create problems when used in moderation. Taking MD once a month might be a little too much for what you're asking(becuase issues do tend to catch up with you at some point at this rate), but using it every other month isn't likely to cause any harm. If you want to be as safe as possible 3-4 times a year is your best bet.

Bottom line - if you roll every two months or so, use reasonable doses(no more than 200mg and don't keep redosing senselessly/go on benders) and lead a healthy life style you won't run into problems. MDMA is very safe when you respect it(key word here).

badrobot114 pretty much got everything covered. I'd personally opt for every 3-4 months with a maximum of 1 re-dose per session that's no more than 1/2 your initial dose. It preserves the magic, and that's plenty of time for your brain to recover. To minimize even more harm you may take anti-oxidants. There's a supplements MEGA thread on these forums if you're interested. A healthy life style is most definitely important, but whether you take MDMA or not it's still something you should do as you already know.

Using MDMA responsibly has only benefitted my life.

Thanks for the advice guys. I definatly want to keep MD in my life, but I dont want it to define who I am through negative side effects like being braindead etc. I'll take the advice on board and limit to 4 rolls a year, and check out preloading. I take it that these guidelines have been discovered by other people overusing and getting messed up, so its probably best to learn from their mistakes.

MDMA has really benefited my life (that sounds terrible, but i dont care :) )

another thing to keep in mind is that mdma isn't exactly good for your emotional stability. some people (like me :) ) are much more susceptible to the resulting anxiety than others, so i'd recomend not taking it after (or before) an especially stressful time.
if you feel it happen, then remember that it typically away within a few days or weeks and that you'll be fine. also know that you should take a break and that you're putting too much stress on yourself at that time.
MDMA has really benefited my life (that sounds terrible, but i dont care :) )

it shouldn't sound terrible. there is no reason for that :)

I would definitely recommend for you to check out preloading and postloading!
I used to roll once a month when I started but realized that I want to "save the magic", so to speak. Now I'm rolling 4 times a year and each time it's been absolutely great! And preloading/postloading makes a big difference, at least for me.

Now, back to reality. I have a young son, and I don't want to damage myself more than absolutely necessary. But I really feel the benefits to using MDMA in moderation. If I get it pure (I test with Mandelin and Marquis), and go easy, can it be a normal part of life, like so many people see drinking as? Obviously I don't want to do it as often as most people drink, if you know what I mean.

i see this statement over and over again on this forum MDMA IS NOT PURE JUST BECAUSE A CRUDE REAGENT TEST CONFIRMS YOUR POWDER HAS MDMA IN IT....just because a powder has a large amount of mdma mixed into it so that it turns crude reagent color change test purple, does not mean it is 100% pure MDMA. it could have toxic synth by products or cuts in it that either don't affect the color of the reagent change, or are present in low enough quantities that the mdma turns the reagent purple as 100% pure mdma would

A good point, well made Lucid. Would the same point relate to crystal, instead of powder? Is there a way to actually determine purity, other than doing it and hoping for the best?

The best way to ensure what you have is real MDMA is to get a test kit of course. A test kit will show you if there's actual MDxx(there's one that can discern between the different kinds as well) but might not be able to show you what cuts, if any, are present(amphetamines and piperazines will come up with the right kit, but i'm not sure about stuff like DXM or low dose psychedelics). Your best bet is to acquire legit crystals and test them.

^ DXM will come up with Marquis and Mecke

EZ-Test has a specific test for piperazines. It shows the presence of mCPP and TFMPP specifically (its limited to phenylpiperazines)

Interestingly they also say it works for 6-APB.

MDMA is not really very harmful, but if you use it too often, it will largely stop working.

Hi there chippie and welcome to bluelight :)

The short answer is that MDMA is potentially very damaging but doesn't create problems when used in moderation. Taking MD once a month might be a little too much for what you're asking(becuase issues do tend to catch up with you at some point at this rate), but using it every other month isn't likely to cause any harm. If you want to be as safe as possible 3-4 times a year is your best bet.

Bottom line - if you roll every two months or so, use reasonable doses(no more than 200mg and don't keep redosing senselessly/go on benders) and lead a healthy life style you won't run into problems. MDMA is very safe when you respect it(key word here).

This

And of course always test your product.