• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD pushing SWIM down the path of schizophrenia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orsimer

Greenlighter
So, let me start by saying that SWIM has done LSD quite a bit before this bad experience, - including trip alone on higher doses - and SWIM has yet to have any auditory hallucinations, outside of when SWIM is under the influence of strong psychedelics. Basically, a month ago SWIM tripped by himself at his house on 2 tabs of very potent LSD. I would describe the way that SWIM thinks normally as a series of 'thought narratives' with inner monologue, and SWIM assumes everyone else is like that, too. But while tripping, SWIM lost all control over what went through his head, he was basically thinking in random, and i mean very random, noises, from a language that is not human.

Not only that, but at the time SWIM was 100% convinced that SWIM was being attacked by an entity that visited SWIM during his trance. It was evil, pure evil, and SWIM remembers that he closed his eyes and saw an ocean of fractals surrounding two evil pitch black eyes. I can't stress the nagging feeling he had of it being evil, in a very general sense. He had no evidence in hindsight saying they were evil, but they just seemed very real, and very VERY evil. Back on topic, SWIM was starting to freak out and send himself into a bad trip, because he was alone he became very scared. He was laying down cuddling his cat, when he opened his eyes and looked over into the eyes of his cat. The lights were off, and in hindsight SWIM now knows that cat eyes when in the dark become almost completely black, so it's a natural thing. But at the time SWIM added two and two together, and became convinced that cat was possessed, or was acting as a conduit for the evil spirit.

SWIM didn't hurt the cat or do something stupid, he just changed rooms and removed the cat from himself. SWIM sat back down, but for 3 hours until SWIM came down, he could barely control what he was thinking because the alien language was forcing out everything else. For the next few days SWIM was convinced by extension that his cat herself was evil, and avoided her. Moreover, his 'thought narratives' continued to be sporadic and out-of-the-norm for a couple of days. Eventually he realized how dumb he was acting and everything wen't back to normal, including his mind.

However, that leaves me to wonder, is this hobby of his going to permanently wreck his mind if he tries to go in deep again? Or is it just another bad trip that some people experience? He doesn't know what to think... He is now paranoid of being paranoid, including being paranoid of his cat. I guess another detail to add, growing up SWIM's more spiritual friends both said a dark entity exists in my house (it was built during the cold war and has some secret rooms underground) but because SWIM is more a man of science he dismissed that as their imagination. If SWIM starts to buy into the 'there is an evil entity in my house' is SWIM going crazy, or his he just embracing a less defined side of life? He is definitely never tripping in his house alone again though, that's for sure.

editing for paragraphs, i'm too lazy to change 1st person/3rd person and i'm being safe

Last edited:
Hi there, welcome to bluelight. Using SWIM is confusing, against the rules and offers no increase in safety so I've locked this for the time being. Please PM me when you've edited it and read the rules. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.