• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is K safe with mirtazapine & kpin

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
Is ketamine in low doses ok to do if I am on 30mgs of mirtazapine and 2mg of clonazepam daily. Just thought I Would ask .and I’ve been on those two meds for 6 years. Never changing the dosage.
thank you for any advice.

you should be fine. i'd keep the clonazepam dose as close to the therapeutic end of the spectrum and not take any more than necessary so that i could maximize what i get from the kitty - i loooove my ketamine.
i've been on mirtazepine and benzos for like a decade and have experienced most substances worth mentioning on and off it.

@Flower Fairy Did you take K while on a S/NRI? Do you get full color CEVs or movie scenes in the hole?

I never got colorful visuals again ever since starting that bastard venlafaxine. 🤨 1cP-LSD recently took whole 3-4h to hit but I finally had true visuals again. Currently no access to my beloved arylcyclohexylamines yet.

Did you take K while on a S/NRI? Do you get full color CEVs or movie scenes in the hole?

Yes I've took K on different antidepressants, there's a thread or a post or link somewhere on Bluelight saying K doesn't effect antidepressants

Everyone holes are different everyone gets effects from K so differently

I get the normal K effects and K hole effects depending on tolerance obviously antidepressants don't effect K it's weird

Is ketamine in low doses ok to do if I am on 30mgs of mirtazapine and 2mg of clonazepam daily. Just thought I Would ask .and I’ve been on those two meds for 6 years. Never changing the dosage.
thank you for any advice.

All 3 of these drugs are tranquilizers despite working different ways, so respiratory depression is still an issue even with tolerance. Keep your K doses low until you have a good feel for it. You can always take more, but you can't take less.

K is unique among tranquilizers/anesthetics in that it doesn't suppress respiration in the required dosages and behaves more like a mild stimulant. Mirtazapine is a potent antihistamine yet doesn't impair respiration either. The danger lies in opioids and GABA agonists like ethanol, GHB or barbiturates and benzos heavily potentiate them but they alone are of little physical danger.

K is unique among tranquilizers/anesthetics in that it doesn't suppress respiration in the required dosages and behaves more like a mild stimulant. Mirtazapine is a potent antihistamine yet doesn't impair respiration either. The danger lies in opioids and GABA agonists like ethanol, GHB or barbiturates and benzos heavily potentiate them but they alone are of little physical danger.

Really? I guess that makes sense when you compare Ketamine's recreational and anesthetic doses. I would still rather err on the side of caution with combinations though especially if someone else is asking.

I also thought the more potent AP/ADs had some low form of respiratory impairment? I was specifically thinking of the spree killer Richard Chase's suicide by overdose of his antidepressants. Upon looking that up again though he was given Doxepin which is a tricyclic which are incredibly fatal in ODs due to a bunch of other reasons.

Benzos of course, as you said, not fatal alone but can be in conjunction with other downers. I do miss barbiturates, but they really fixed the whole fatal OD thing with the invention/substitution of benzos.

The tricyclics are calcium channel inhibitors which mess with the heart, mirtazapine doesn't share this afaik but we're talking about overdoses which are multiple times the effective ones unlike e.g. opioids where twice the dose can kill you.

In fact the reason why ketamine is used in humans despite the possibility of psychoactive effects is that it's the only anesthetic which doesn't require intubation. Same reason for the use in animals. I've seen a methoxetamine overdose myself in a girl who was on methadone and she just slept it out. I hit anesthetic levels on some occasions too while on morphine. It's really hard to die off a dissociative, they are mental anesthetics but mild stimulants to the body - with exceptions but afaik no sedating arylcyclohexylamine are on the market currently. DXM is a bit different as it involves overdosing on a SNRI.

Yeah, the recently approved K nasal spray against therapy resistant major depression comes with the requirement of vital sign monitoring and to have reanimation equipment but in the dosages used - max 84mg S-ketamine afaik - that's bullshit and either they don't know better or it's intentional to avoid divertion and recreational use.

Last edited:
[regarding mirtazepine & SSRIs] - i hate that i can't trip... mushrooms and acid are totally nulified in my experience from the mirtazepine. to be honest i havn't taken my mirtazepine very consistently in 2020 and its because nothing snaps me back into a healthy [enough] state of mind like mushrooms which have been keeping me away from the need for an antidepressant for now.

key is to not overdo psychedelics at least in my experience. a handful of trips a year on primarily mushrooms or lsd if that at this point... ten years ago almost exactly a decade ago there was a summer when i had in my possession an entire sheet of acid, but that was when i was barely an adult, still discovering psychedelics and gaining my preliminary experiences.

like i said though i love me some ketamine and i could easily justify using that much more frequently than traditional psychedelics if i felt so inclined.

i hate that i can't trip... mushrooms and acid are totally nulified in my experience from the mirtazepine

And me so I'm stopping mirtazapine, but it's hard as I can't sleep without it as its such a good sleep aid, till your body gets used to it, then you can't sleep properly on it or without lol

And if I wanted to take psychedelics I can't as they won't work, I really want to get into psychedelics, and I want to take rave drugs again when we can go raving again so that's why I want off mirtazapine

Still it's brilliant K isn't dulled by antidepressants eh

Ya I used to be a huge triphead. Even in high school and big hippie. But when I was 23 bunch bad stuff happened and I got on the meds. Now I kinda wish I might of tried something else. Not the meds. But they worked incredibly amazing for me and helped me sooo much.
But ya I miss tripping. Til this k I hadn’t tripped in 7 years.
So ya it’s awesome that u can trip
With k while on mirtazapine. Cuz I know how other psychedelics don’t work. Like someone said. Or u have to take a crazy huge dose

but thanks everybody I took it slow and had a close friend there. SaFe place
it was epic. I didn’t k hole. But I had a Blissful time laying on the floor feeling like I wAs melting but in a Good way. Looking up at the ceiling. Lol

And I felt like I was becoming one with the music.(my fav part so far) Mixing/melting into the music.
i don’t even know whaT the music was but it was beautiful and psychedelicEuphoric.
And everything felt warm and dreamy

Me too and I'm on Mirtazapine it doesn't effect Mirtazapine, unlike mdma etc is blocked my antidepressants like Mirtazapine, K ain't
Isn’t that a bitch. I’m happy or well content now partly cuz of mirtazapine. It actually kinda
Saved my life

but ya I miss tripping so much and I also haven’t drank alcohol in 7 years. But mostly cuz of the kpins. It was nice to take a break from drinking but I miss beer.

and ya I’ve read MDMA can be dangerous on antidepressants so haven’t rolled in 7 years either.

it’s like the only thing I can do is mostly weed and opiates. But I’ve finally stayed away from the opiates. For good. Tired of being sick all the time.
So I’m glad k works ...

Mirtazapine really helped me too, best antidepressant but it can stop helping as well, like it's doing to me, and weight gains annoying once you get over the weight you want to be lol