• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is Its bad to take Xanax everyday

Savr

Greenlighter
I was just wondering if it's bad to take 2-3 2mg bars everyday?

In general its not good to take that much. Some people are scripted 5 bars a day though! But in general your setting yourself up for problems with anymore than 3mg\day. I assume your getting them off the street? Just be careful your supply don't run out all of a sudden.

This depends on perspective. If youre prescribed them, then the stigma is weakened, if you're obtaining them off the street, it's probably not the best idea, for the reasons mentioned above.

- Hopeless 7nos

Don't take benzodiazepines every day if you can help it.

It's a class of drug best taken on an "as needed" basis, IMO. An actual drug regiment of tranquilizers that you take every single day just isn't that good of an idea, from my perspective anyway

Let me be the guy who answers your question real straightforward , 2-3 bars is a lot bro...
I was worried about coming off of 1 bar a day ... 4-6 mgs Xanax is a lot in a day if it's an everyday thing . I say this mainly cause of the half life of Xanax is short and detoxing that would suck good luck bro try to maybe switch to an equipotent benzo with a longer half life like klonopin or diazepam but we don't all have access to those so maybe taper take half a bar every 4-6 hours try to spread it out and lower over all daily dose . Good luck G

well it's only bad if you don't mind having a bad addiction that not only impairs cognition but from which the withdrawals could easily result in seizures among other symptoms including possibly death.

taking benzos daily long term will certainly result in w/d that is a million times worse than opiate w/d. i quit smack 5 years ago and got a script and even though i take them exactly as prescribed (4 mg clonazepam daily and 30 mg temazepam at night) i am completely trapped. i wish inever would have started.... heroin withdrawal would be alot easier for me.

Go read some forums dealing with short term high dose Xanax withdrawal and you can draw your own conclusions...I was scripted Xanax with a bunch of refills once and thanks God I never even filled it cause I would have for sure abused them not knowing what I do now...I've been through enough opiate withdrawals to know that if it was any worse than that I would be well and truly fucked

It's bad unless it's absolutely necessary for whatever reason. I mean I guess if the option was isolating yourself in a remote cabin or killing yourself, popping a lot of xanax would be the better alternative. However using it at that amount daily out of recreational purposes or for some minor/medium anxiety is plain stupid.

If you suffer from anxiety, it's honestly not that much IMO. If they're prescribed there's no way your doctor will cut you off cold turkey unless you exhibit drug seeking behavior.

If you're getting them off the street, then you should probably start tapering now. That dealer could run out or get arrested or who the hell knows what any day, and then you'll be in a world of pain.

Stay Safe,
MF4M

This question is impossible to answer by anyone but yourself. And the fact you posted the question would lead one to believe that you have a good idea in your heart that it is a bad idea to dose that much Xanax daily. With that condescending comment aside, I myself take, as prescribed 4mg of xanax daily for PTSD. If i dont take it, I literally cant go to my mail box. If my phone rings, i feel like I am going to have a heart attack. If I take it as prescribed, everything is ok. I can work I can socially interact, and I dont get high from the prescription. I have been on 4mg a day for over a decade, had a stint of "clarity" where I tried to quit and it changed everything, I could not function and take care of my daily activities. My advice, which is worthless and only an opinion is, if you are not taking this much now, do not start, the maintenance of of obtaining the rx and properly using it is nearly impossible. I try very hard to stick to my daily prescribed amount but get ahead of schedule and find myself rationing out my pills. It s a trap, a prison and one you dont want to be stuck in if you arent already. Good luck to you and follow your heart and not your addictive personality if you have one. I can say Xanax is VERY addictive, especially if you have PTSD and fear doing shit like, grocery shopping or answering the phone. Recreational use is definitely not recommended and I know me saying that is very hypocritical.

OP, every one said roughly the same thing and it's all true. Fast withdrawal from that dose might make you seize. It also jacks your tolerance up. Look, if your going to party with a serious/dangerous drug like Xanax, you better have a taper plan in place. Cold turkey or to fast will hurt you bad. Half life is average 12 hrs. You come off 6mg cold, it might be bad.

I was just wondering if it's bad to take 2-3 2mg bars everyday?

In my experience in the long term yes it would be bad. Even if using to treat legitimate anxiety it can ultimately end up the therapeutic effect will be greatly diminished and you're stuck just having to take the meds just to keep out of withdrawals. YMMV of course but that's sorta where I'm at however I ain't taking no 4-6mgs a day.