• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

is it worth it?

lovertown

Greenlighter
hey long time lurker here, first time poster. please lmk if i did something wrong!

i finally got my hands on some pretty purple molly after not having taken it for a couple years. last time i rolled was before i started my ssri medication (15 mg escitalopram and 15 mg mertazipine) and im wondering if its really worth tapering off my meds. ive been really looking forward to rolling again but im a little worried i might feel like shit if i stop taking my meds. im thinking of tapering off and if i start feeling depressed i can just start taking my meds again and give the molly to a friend or something. it would definitely be disappointing, but id take a little disappointment over serotonin syndrome any day.

has anybody here tapered off their meds so they could roll? how did it go? do you recommend it?

You would likely be fine even with the meds but there's always the risk of either a weaker roll or some serotonin syndrome.
I quit Prozac and Amitryptaline just to be able to do it. It was so worth it. Even the withdrawals I was still having to some extent were obliterated by the molly. Istayed off the Prozac because for me, anti-depressants are all sugar pills or they make things worse. I've tried every single glass and just about all of them, and alternative anxiety meds, but nothing works like microdoses of shrooms or some THC. More emphasis on the psilocybin, though. That stuff is literally the best anti-depressant on earth and we need to follow Canada in allowing it to be consumed for medicinal purposes. I think Oregon actually does.

I shouldn't even take the Amitryptaline, and will likely get off that soon. It potentiates psychedelics which makes tripping kind of a gamble, especially given I've been planning to do a heroic dose of DMT.

For all you know this one single roll could change your life to the point of not needing the meds anymore. Some people are profoundly affected like that. In therapy, I think it's like, 3 doses of it in people with PTSD according to what I read made 75% of those individuals no longer fit the criteria.

I've got PTSD but I've only done it once. Still an unforgettable experience. Pure, smooth bliss, love, connection, you can have fun doing absolutely nothing but looking up at the stars (which is already fun, but you know what I mean)