• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it worth adding a diffuser & precooler to a bong?

Firth

Bluelighter
Well, I sort of kicked my bong over while I went into a heavy trip through smoking DMT, and smashed the stem/bowl... I could either...

a; get a new one for a few quid
b; spend about £20 and get a 14.5mm diffuser with precooler, a 14.5mm bowl and an 18.8mm>14.5mm adapter (my bong is 18.8 ).

Does it make much of a difference to your hits? I'd like to be able to take bigger hits, and I would assume this may allow me to...

Or is it all just gimmicky?

So... Worth the extra £15?

Last edited:
Hell yes it's worth it. The diffuser breaks up the smoke and gives it a nice cascade of smaller bubbles which gives the smoke more surface area to cool and filter and the precooler does just what the name says and catches most of the physical pieces that get pulled thru, keeping your gear clean. :) A good bong with perc, diffuser and precooler give a distinct vibration from the difference in vacuum, it almost resonates. I have a home made version that kills, Ill post pics up soon.

Just realised I need a downstem too, so I'll do that... I'll get one that also has a diffusers... 2 diffusers and a reduction in joint size... Sounds like my hits should be quiet a lot cooler.

It's all pretty value gear including my bong, I've never really felt the need to spend a lot of money, however I probably will at some point. I love bongs so much more than joints, my weed goes so much further and tastes better.

All for £30, and that's including delivery from USA on Grasscity. Sounds like an alright deal really...

By the way, they are currently offering 25% off EVERYTHING with the coupon DABBADOO

Very cool, Thanks for sharing. Ive had my eye on one from there actually and that gives me some wiggle room now with my "bargain" shopping wife! Oh, And the price of good glass is insane but hand worked bongs are individual works of art. Modern day craftsmen in the art of stonery. Plus if you buy domestic you support your local movement! Post pics OP when order is in and let us know how it treats you.

Trying to figure out what the hell this thing does... *****

Does it fill with water to act as a precooler as well as a perc, or is the smoke just filtered without water?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am left with a few problems; Grasscity is supposed to be TERRIBLE at shipping promptly, and I need my gear ideally in a week, this would be easy US>UK, but only if shipping was completed promptly... And as for the only website in my country that I trust; their stock holding appears to be absolute crap in terms of bong accessories...

Right now I'm leaning towards ordering these:

But I REALLY don't like the bowl on that ashcatcher/cooler... I guess I could replace it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered from blackleaf.de.

I got:
Downstem (diffuser style)
8 barrell diffuser and precooler
Handled bowl with integrated pipe screen. Too many times I have gone to smoke weed and realised that I have no screens...

Should come next week. Haven't smoked in a few weeks so I look forward to picking up a load of weed.

Please review the forum rules, linking to domains selling paraphernalia is not acceptable use

the only thing that ever made smoking bongs more enjoyable from my experience was an ice catcher

diffusers, percs, that guy who has to have an 18 foot bong

all kind of a waste imo, give me a 1-2 footer with an ice catcher and im set

Well my stuff came, ordered on Thursday, in the UK from Germany first thing this morning, that was really fast considering it was over the course of a weekend. Blackleaf are very good. Even thrown in a few little bonuses. Unfortunately the downstem did not fit into my bong due to a flawed design on the female ground joint; so I've just been down to a local headshop to get a new one. Slightly bigger too, and even has an ice stopper unlike my old piece, so I can make good use of all my new bits! Satisfied with my purchases. Image below.

Weird carb hole though.... Not that it matters so much.

HR89JH3.jpg

Last edited: