• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Is it weird to be attracted to my professor?

F

Fade2Grey

I'm in my third year of uni and I was surprised to find that I'm attracted to one of my professors. Although in practice I'm straight, I can't deny I've been attracted to other men before. The thing is, it's always been guys my age or a little older. In this case, I find myself strangely attracted to a married man who is probably in his early 40's. He's not especially handsome, but he's clever (as in witty) and, so far, seems to know what he's talking about. I can't really explain it, but the first time I entered his classroom last week our eyes locked like magnets. The entire time I'm in his class I feel compelled to participate and show interest, whereas in other classes I'm usually quiet/zoning out.

My question to you is, firstly, why would I be attracted to an older man and, secondly, how should I go about dealing with this? I can already guess what some of you will say, but I'd like to see if there's something I haven't thought of.

We don't choose who we are attracted to, obviously something in the way he moves and speaks resonates with you on more than friendly level. Look, I don't think there is a guy out there (besides perhaps extraordinarily religious people) who hasn't been attracted to another guy to some degree or another. I will follow-up by saying that attraction doesn't have to be a sexual thing, sometimes it is just that you'd like to be his friend rather than his student. On the other hand it could be a sexual thing and if you eyes met in such a way that means you have a shot for a sexual relationship of some sort. I mean the rest is up to you in determining what you want from him, ask to meet with him one on one someday, regarding school work of course, if you think you'd like something more than a student teacher relationship and then once you have him alone, the rest is up to you.

It sounds like you are just lusting/crushing after him or at least sexually attracted to him. This is pretty common. If you're also sexually attracted to women then you're bisexual.

Admiration is a big turn-on. If somebody really moves and inspires you, why wouldn't you be drawn to that? There is a taboo attached to student-teacher relationships, but at the university level there's nothing morally wrong with a professor dating a student; you just have to be mindful of academic codes and policies.

Even if nothing more comes of it, I don't think depositing him in the 'spank bank' should make you feel guilty in the slightest ;)

Nah, totally normal. It's not weird or wrong to have a crush on someone who is (at least seemingly) successful, mature, witty professor.

I'd advise not acting on it, especially if he is older and seemingly straight, but there is nothing actually fundamentally wrong with being attracted to another dude or indeed that dude being your professor. It's not unusual either; I don't think there's anything to be beating yourself up about here.

First of all, DO NOT DO ANYTHING : he's your professor and you would both get in to a lot of trouble (he'd be fired which I assume you wouldn't want for him)
And secondly, he's married: take it from someone who's made that huge mistake before... YOU would the one getting hurt in the end.

Have you reconsidered this might be an intellectual attraction? I had a massive professor fesor crush on one of my lecturers this year but it was only because i was so interested in his subject and respected him so much for it. It's an extremely commom feeling for uni students to have.

You said it yourself, you're attracted to his intelligence and charisma most likely.

yeah you sound like a closet bi guy who is sucked into a charisma loop.

just remember charisma was hitlers forte

excuse to tell a funny story....here is a pic of my boss/PI when i was in grad school:

148091display.jpg

she was so genius for her first few years they didn't make her teach, but then she got freshman ecology. one day she came in the lab all a flutter, and swore (which she never did) and asked out loud, 'why don't the freshmen take notes? i make such careful slides for them, and all the do is stare at me...' man, i bout fell out laughing, she had NO idea what the freshmen were thinking...but she finally clued in (and blushed, dammit). if it helps the fantasy, i know her IQ is above 160, at least.