• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

is it tolerance or is my withdrawals?

ASP1RE

Greenlighter
Hey! quick question, i picked up my rx of clonezapemt today for 1mg x3 a day, and had quite a few left over from last month, so fun times! Except over the course of about 4 hours i've ate either 16 or 17. But besides my hands felling slightly weak(way less than any opiate I've taken) ,slight balance impairment(but i'm clumsy) , my eyes feel heavy, but i'm not tired.

Here's some extra info -

• i took a total of 300mg of gabapentin between around 7:30 A.M. and 11, and and then the last one (600mg) around 2
  • I'm kinda an alcoholic. I havn't drank in 2 days and luckily i don't really go through much withdrawal. Just slight anxiety , and night sweats.
  • i didn't take any yesterday but a few days a go i took 5,and i know the half life of klonopin is fairly long for benzo's.

I realize theres probably a few mistakes and such, as i definitely am impaired....it just i expected to be blacked out by now.

Also I'm new here! i browse a lot as I love trying different drugs,but i want as much knowledge as possible first!

edit- well my heart rate is 59 , and my eyes are still huge looking(im assuming the gabapentin? so in the interest of harm reduction and having enough to get by for the month i think ill call this a fail. I'm relaxed sure but no more than what 2-3mg would do. Hey at least i didn't blackout and get hurt.

Last edited:
Hi!

You cant actually tell if you have blacked out while you are still under the influence. It is after you woke up feeling wth I have been doing for last 24hours you can tell you have had a blackout.

Hi!

You cant actually tell if you have blacked out while you are still under the influence. It is after you woke up feeling wth I have been doing for last 24hours you can tell you have had a blackout.
so how conscious are you? cause i'm pretty positive i've just been in bed watching videos.
I've blacked out a lot of times from alcohol but normally it doesn't last long or i just pass out and stuff is a little scattered about the next day. Better than waking up naked somewhere.

I thought i had read that even low doses of benzos therapeutically, make the amount to get an affect huge?

Well once I took 200mg of clonazepam during few days and I can?t really remember a shit but I had been driving with a car and such so it may not be just few moments you lose but instead whole days.

Aspire, are you withdrawing from alcohol? Clonazepam can help with detoxification if that is your goal but I think you took way too much. Like Mr. Root said, you won't remember blacking out until you've woken up. Be careful not to take any more pills today and don't attempt to go out anywhere.

Aspire, are you withdrawing from alcohol? Clonazepam can help with detoxification if that is your goal but I think you took way too much. Like Mr. Root said, you won't remember blacking out until you've woken up. Be careful not to take any more pills today and don't attempt to go out anywhere.
Yeah, i'm pretty sure it was just the alcohol. I have some other meds that help with detox (seizure meds, beta blocker.)

DON'T DO WHAT I DID! i did end up taking a few more... but i spaced it out every hour-two. i never got tired tho... around 4am i "fell asleep" past out? my laptop was still on my lap, at 7:30am when i woke up and i actually feel fairly awake? my eyes feel heavy but mentally i feel focused.

For anyone else reading this post- respect your benzo's! thery're definently more of a medicine in my book than recreational. And a godsend after a binder if your having mild wd's from just about anything. just be careful as benzos and alcohol and trigger seizures during detox.

edit- forgot to add, i'm not sure how much was the wd's (as i didnt sweat last night) and how much was my tolerance of 2-4mg a day for over a year.

thanks guys! such a friendly community!

Last edited:
OP, are you dependent upon Alcohol/Benzodiazepines? For our purposes, we're going to consider them essentially cross-tolerant, because they are just that, essentially cross-tolerant. If you don't consume Alcohol/Benzodiazepines do you experience withdrawal symptoms like anxiety/depression/hot and cold flashes? Keep in mind that the these drugs are cross-tolerant. If you are dependent upon Alcohol, Benzodiazepines will mask the symptoms of withdrawal and vice versa.

Get back to us. Tell us a little bit more about your intake, both on a chronic and acute basis and we should be able to make an educated guess regarding where you stand.

OP, are you dependent upon Alcohol/Benzodiazepines? For our purposes, we're going to consider them essentially cross-tolerant, because they are just that, essentially cross-tolerant. If you don't consume Alcohol/Benzodiazepines do you experience withdrawal symptoms like anxiety/depression/hot and cold flashes? Keep in mind that the these drugs are cross-tolerant. If you are dependent upon Alcohol, Benzodiazepines will mask the symptoms of withdrawal and vice versa.

Get back to us. Tell us a little bit more about your intake, both on a chronic and acute basis and we should be able to make an educated guess regarding where you stand.

I used to drink a fifth a day with my prescribed 3mg of klonopin. Ive gone to treatments and stuff and been sober for solid 6 months at a time. my consumption has always been weird though in that I'm more of a drink non stop for 3 -5 days and then feel like shit for a few. lately its been cheap cooking wine .l in terms of the klonopin, i'm prescribed a couple things for anxiety/depression and i usually just use those therapeutically. (2-4mg a day from my 3mg script, depending).

its the alcohol for sure. i was just worried that nothing was calming me down. yep those are my usual symptoms after a bender. and a short fuse.
I hadn't drank for a day and a half and my rx wasnt ready so i skiped a day of Klonopin. I'm also sure the gabapentin played a roll as before i took the klonopin my vision was fucked up and near
the end of the night it was too.

Overall i think it was like how when you take opiates for pain you dont necessarly get fucked, right? so the benzo's where just masking the wd.
and as an aside i know klonopin has a long half life but i can definitely still notice it in my typing.

I'm writing you back only because situations concerning sedative/hypnotics can easily develop into a dangerous situation. Am I understand correctly that you're basically Dypsomania in that you drink but you stop? Are you completely tolerant upon sedative/hypnotics or do you exclusively go on benders?

If we're taking all sadatives/ cns depressants into account than yeah i guess i'd be considered tolerant. but besides alcohol i try to rarely (few times a month, max?) abuse other drugs. often i take less klonopin than i'm prescribed. On the alcohol lately its been more often. Thats the thing id say im addicted to. of course i'm tolerant on benzos but i've been taking those since before i ever drank or tried much other stuff.

and really no hate but, If you were going to give me the usual hr speach,i know mixing depressants is a bad idea. however I know my body and doses. thanks though, really! you're all great here

No worries. We don't mean to lecture you or patronize you in any way. We're all equals here. Am I correct that you're looking to reduce your intake of these drugs? It's going to be a major undertaking, but it can be done.