• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is it still the suboxone that's blocking the opiates?

beniolenio

Greenlighter
Before you immediately say yes, hear me out. I took half of a 8mg sub a little over 72 hours ago. I've taken subs before, and before now, they've blocked oxy for a maximum of 36 hours, or until I was in withdrawal. Well, I've been in withdrawal for quite a while. When I sniff some oxy, I feel nothing. I don't want to waste any more until I know what might be going on. Is it possible that the subs are taking literally twice as long to clear my receptors as they usually do? Another thing to note: I've been taking Kratom intermittently, but not very much (~5g at a time). The Kratom has been doing relatively little to combat withdrawals. What's going on here?? Any advice?

It sounds more like your opioid tolerance is too high to feel oxy? If you have been taking subs everyday to stop withdrawals, that will artificially make your tolerance sky high, and will take a long time to feel any opioid effects, no matter how long it has been after you used subs last. It’s the extreme tolerance and not the half-life of subs that will keep you from any sort of buzz for quite a while. It’s probably the reason that kratom is useless too.

🧙‍♂️
I would agree with you, but it was only last week or so (maybe a little bit longer) that I used oxy and felt 100% of its effects.

It sounds like your tolerance is too high to feel effects of oxy or kratom? If you have been using subs for withdrawals for any amount of time, they supercharge your tolerance within a week or two, even if you don’t take them every day. They have a very long half-life and supercharge tolerance in a short period of time. That’s the reason it’s used for opioid dependence.
Well, that's a bit disappointing. So the only way to ward off withdrawals at this point is to actually get ahold of more subs. You're relatively sure that it's not still the suboxone blocking the opiate effect still?

It depends on how long you have been using subs for withdrawals? If it’s been a week or two or with any regularity (more likely a month or so), you might have made your tolerance too high for anything to have an effect other than subs. Using those for withdrawals for any amount of time or duration, practically guarantee that you’ll artificially raise your opioid tolerance to crazy levels, and you’ll need dangerous amounts of narcotics to feel a buzz, until you let that tolerance lower itself by refraining from opioids completely for a while. Otherwise, you’ll have to use way more than you normally would to get high, thus keeping your tolerance crazy high. Plus it’s dangerous now with fentanyl around everywhere. People are killing themselves
I understand this. I'm just curious how possible you think it is that we've got it all wrong and it's just the subs that are still blocking my opioid receptors.

Edit: and I appreciate you taking the time to put your mind to this.

Last edited:
I don’t know about your specific situation, all I know is that long acting drugs like suboxone and methadone, when used in a consistent manner, make it so nothing else stick to those receptors and keep you from getting high. However long that takes depends on how much you have been using and for how long. You mentioned oxy not working, and it’s no wonder they might not work with subs blocking your receptors. I’d stay away from subs if you want to get high.

🧙‍♂️
I know that subs block opiate receptors due to their high affinity. I'm wondering if that effect would/could still be in place after 77 hours given it normally only takes 36 for full opiate potency to return.