• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is It safe to take RSO while on benzos?

deadhead4lyfe89

Bluelighter
I’m prescribed them. Been on 2mgs of clonazepam a day for like 7 years. But never really abused my meds I take them as I’m supposed to.

RSO Rick Simpson Oil.
I got some and I wanna eat some. But not sure if I should yet. Cuz it’s made using alcohol.

..my bad if this sounds dumb. I just wanted to be safe and I worry too much sometimes.especially when it comes to alcohol I’m extra careful.
i haven’t drank any alcohol in those past 7 years and I know they used alcoholic to extract the thc to make the RSO. (I’m used to the dabs).
But I wanna try eating this RSO. I just wanted to know if the alcohol should be evaporated or mostly evaporated or how much alcohol is in it

thanks,
Any advice is cool.
I could just be worrying too much.
And I worry about alcohol mixing with my benzo. Cuz it can be super deadly so I am extra careful.

or if there is alcohol in it. Is it probablya small amountthat I shouldn’t worry about ...maybe??..
sorry if my wording is weird I’m stoned at the moment.Smoking.

Last edited:
I don't think RSO contains significant amounts of alcohol. Pretty sure it is basically the same stuff as "QWISO" oil - the alcohol is used as an extraction solvent and is removed by distillation in the final step. The recipes I see actually use isopropanol and not ethanol anyway. But even if there was ethanol in your RSO, there would only be a few milligrams in a dose of oil, so you don't need to worry.

If you're dealing with an extract like RSO, the Alcohol isn't present as a recreational substance but only as much as is required to extract and "hold" the THC. The small amounts of Alcohol that you'll be ingesting should not be psychoactive.

If someone were taking, say, Disulfiram (Antabuse), it might be a different story. Even small amounts of Alcohol like that found in essential oils or used transdermally in hand sanitizer can be enough to cause a negative and potentially serious interaction.