• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Is it safe to take low dose anti-histamine or similar when taking ghb? or other non antihistamine decongestant suggestions

Tieeurrrop

Bluelighter
I have perennial rhinitis due to underlying allergy. Usually this is kept under control through prevention of triggers however all gaba b drugs I tried seem to cause it to be more noticeable and irritating during the duration of the drug's effects which is so apparent it spoils the high for me.

I don't know if it is increased production or the decreased effect of the normal functions of the bodies' clearance mechanisms due to depressant effect of these drugs. I think the former.

Either way, would it be safe to take a small dose of antihistamine to try and lower this side effect when taking GHB and such?

They say don't mix downers but would a 2nd generation non-drowsy otc anti-histamine like loratidine pose any significant risk?

Alternatively, and I would prefer not take antihistamines, as I hate them generally, other suggestions for decongestants?

Should be fine, although if it is congestion dominant I'd recommend a phenylephrine or oxymetazoline nasal spray first. GABA-B agonists also me cause sinus pressure, particularly phenibut and f-phenibut.

Hmm I wouldn't say it was congestion - though those medications might still help - the sinuses are not blocked it is just they seem to run constantly while the drug is working through the system causing a constant post nasal drip into the throat. So maybe just general things which will have a drying effect will help.

Last edited: