• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Is it safe to sleep when on kratom?

overtwice

Greenlighter
Like take some, enjoy the buzz for an hour or two, then go to bed? I've heard that you should never go to sleep on opioids, and was wondering if this applied to kratom as well, even though it's a bit different pharmacologically from other opioids. Thanks for any help.

Never caused any respiratory problem's for me. Kratom alone should be safe, when your below the nausea level.

Shit i been dosing a coupa grams a night before bed for years and havent had any issues. if i mix it with a healthy dose of preganalin i wake up gasping for air at times so no pregab at night for me

I think kratom is like cannabis in that in order to kill someone it takes a few kilo's tied up and banged over a person's head. Sure mixing meds can be an issue but that is with everything. By itself it seems fairly safe accept for a person not use to using addicted substances. I have never heard of any respiratory issues on it's own. And I have heard of people taking 100 + grams without too much toxticity.

On the opposite end of the spectrum we have fentanyl that kills quickly sometimes and for sure is wise to have narcan around.

Like others have said, kratom does not cause respiratory depression, so it's perfectly safe to sleep on. Even stronger opiates are safe to sleep on provided you haven't dosed high enough to induce respiratory depression.