• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Is it safe to mix magic mushrooms with cannabis, and if so what are the effects?

aussiebaconfr34

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm not very experienced in drugs, having only smoked weed, but I am planning on taking magic mushrooms soon and I'm curious about the safety and effects of magic mushrooms mixed with cannabis.

In terms of physical safety, it's completely fine.

The main, and really only concern, is that they greatly potentiate each other and can make you uncomfortably high. Even if you are a veteran smoker with high tolerance to cannabis.

Cannabis can be nice on the tail end of mushrooms. It can bring the trip back if smoked on the comedown. It will make you hallucinate more intensely if taken during the trip.

if it's your first time with shrooms I would avoid it until after about 5 or 6 hours. You really want to see how you react to psychedelics before you start adding other drugs.

It can be a great combo and most people do it, just be careful. Avoid edibles.

Ultimately, if you are feeling anxious or the shrooms are effecting you negatively, do not smoke weed. Otherwise fun and benign combo. Can be surprisingly powerful.

In terms of physical safety, it's completely fine.

The main, and really only concern, is that they greatly potentiate each other and can make you uncomfortably high. Even if you are a veteran smoker with high tolerance to cannabis.

Cannabis can be nice on the tail end of mushrooms. It can bring the trip back if smoked on the comedown. It will make you hallucinate more intensely if taken during the trip.

if it's your first time with shrooms I would avoid it until after about 5 or 6 hours.

It can be a great combo and most people do it, just be careful. Avoid edibles.

Ultimately, if you are feeling anxious or the shrooms are effecting you negatively, do not smoke weed. Otherwise fun and benign combo. Can be surprisingly powerful.
Thank you for replying! :)
I was thinking about just trying the shrooms first before mixing, and I reckon knowing how easily I can get anxious I'll probably just stick to the mushrooms till I get comfortable enough

I don't like weed during the peak of an acid trip, and I'm a pothead. I've met a number of others who were the same. As Snafu says, it's awesome on the comedown and I'm in the (significant) minority.
Don't do it the first time for sure. Try it later and you might like it and you might not.

I concur on the use for the comedown and I use to be a avid mushy user. At the tail end it does wonders but also can boost midway if you undersosed or its not as strong as hoped.

But I have used it as a kicker, midway enhancer and tailend afterglow effect.

But If this is a 1st time attempt leave it for the tailend.

Good advice here and I totally concurr - cannabis for the tail end/comedown of any psychedelic (if at all) especially when new to it