• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

is it possible to use heroin recreationally/infrequently?

^ My intention was not to get in to that debate at all, my point is actually that addiction is a complex thing with many factors which vary considerably from person to person. For some reason, it seems like heroin is often portrayed as the most addictive substance, I just don't think this claim holds up. I think heroin is clearly a drug which has high potential for addiction, but the same can be said of other strong opioids, benzodiazepines, alcohol and methamphetamine. Which of these is most addictive depends more on the person than the drug.

Last edited:
I think the basic principle that people hold dear to heroins alleged addiction profile, is that you get sick and physically dependent. Therefore, it is more visible to the everyday citizen walking past to see a gaunt, weak and desperate individual. That brand is then stamped on heroin by society:what an ugly drug!

Meanwhile, the sociopath meth head is systematically scheming and fucking over everybody left, right and centre, but this isnt as graphic and brutal as seeing an individual literally sick and depraved simply from not taking the drug.

I would much rather be around ppl nodding and full of apathy than egotistic maniac methheads. This is all very broad categorization, but sadly most of these demographics represent this. I feel like an anomoly in this drug world, which has actually been a blessing. I dearly love both meth/heroin, but i have quite a strong personality that never gets dulled, that fire burns till the day i die. I love life and all its curiosities, i want to experience everything. As a human, i feel like weve been given this gift to explore, be inquisitive. Keep them neurons firing, without thought we are merely a bit of primordial ooze.

I personally got addicted to H so quick, but I've also known people to do it once and never touch it again. A girl I'm friends with tried it once and disliked it so much she made sure she never touched it again, even when she was around it. And another story of an ex-addict who does it once a year and doesn't feel the need to do it more than that.
I think it all can depend on whether you like it enough to do it again, and the availability of it around you, and if you even have the desire to. I think it's much easier to get addicted to it than to not. It really only takes one time, they aren't shitting you.
From experience it was something I did recreationally and was able to control my intake, but it really didn't take long for me to feel like i needed it all the time.
Like you said, I'm sure there are a lot of people who do it occasionally, I've seen it. Just not the case for me.

Meanwhile, the sociopath meth head is systematically scheming and fucking over everybody left, right and centre, but this isnt as graphic and brutal as seeing an individual literally sick and depraved simply from not taking the drug.

You may have been exaggerating for effect, but these are both really stigmatising depictions that probably don't line up with the experiences of most drug users on these forums.

I dearly love both meth/heroin, but i have quite a strong personality that never gets dulled, that fire burns till the day i die. I love life and all its curiosities, i want to experience everything. As a human, i feel like weve been given this gift to explore, be inquisitive. Keep them neurons firing, without thought we are merely a bit of primordial ooze.

Good for you? I think you'll find that most drug users retain their curiosity and personality, even if they do become addicted or dependent.

Sadly, if you had read my post word by word, you would have acknowledged that i highlighted quite obviously that, i quote: 'is all broad categorization'. Sorry dude, but given the size of this website, how could you represent ALL the readers of this website. Yes, i understand that all of this demographic do not represent this, given my testimony before.

Possible, totally, but it probably requires more willpower than you have, and, as a very important part of the equation, a lifestyle that includes recreational and social activitiesg that do not involve getting high. Holding tight on to these and the related social circles is probably our best bet to forestall the social aspects of addiction which as far as I'm concerned are the most important ones. Drug addiction isn't really a disease, it isn't really a moral failing, it's a self-reinforcing lifestyle, and if you live a different lifestyle, you can probably avoid addiction, as long as you pay mind to the biomedical factors involved, viz. spreading out your doses, etc.

SKL said:
Drug addiction isn't really a disease, it isn't really a moral failing, it's a self-reinforcing lifestyle, and if you live a different lifestyle, you can probably avoid addiction, as long as you pay mind to the biomedical factors involved, viz. spreading out your doses, etc.
Yeah, i agree. I think another reinforcing factor of heroin use and addiction is the social exclusion that users face/self impose.
Heroin users are a pretty cliquey bunch in australia (in my experience, anyway - depends who you know, where you are) and i think once someone has taken the plunge into trying something so socially taboo, one of the barriers to addiction may well have already been removed.

And, you gotta get beyond the junkie social rituals. For example, a way back I knew I was pretty well clean of my postacute withdrawal when I could go and enjoy a baseball game instead of copping and shooting dope. Sure, I had some beers and (precribed) klonipin but I was with real friends from work and we enjoyed a common activithy that wasn't about degenerate shit, and I hadn't experienced that in years and it was honestly really fucking special.

Sadly, if you had read my post word by word, you would have acknowledged that i highlighted quite obviously that, i quote: 'is all broad categorization'.

I think you need to google the difference between an archetype and a stereotype. Your words were really obviously the latter. 'Broad categorisations' of groups that are by their nature extremely diverse are essentially useless, especially if they're negative and stigmatising.

^ sorry if i hurt you dude, i was basically trying to give a perspective of a guy who works at a place with massive turnover and yes, I see a lot of these individuals, that actually changes from a stereotype to an actual thing.

I only buy if a friend tells me of some new guy who is giving out 'fat wraps' i.e. above the 18% purity normal for the UK drug scene.

For a long time, a lot of HR experts have suggested that H will folk into 2 different drugs. The dirty brown freebase (smoking heroin) at the normal potency & effectively Number 4 which is pure diamorphine for snorting & shooting. The risk receded when the H manufacture began to be done in the country of origin. The average purity of Afghan smoking heroin is 78%... so HOW MANY cuts has it been through?!?

Even in the 1970s where, in big cities, asian dealers sold mostly to asian addicts but money talks and the guy I was with got 1/4 of each. He said the brown was 'warmer' (other alkaloids?) where as the white gave you a push to do things, as pure H does unless you snort enough to get a good nod on.

That was 40 years ago. I can imagine people mixing in dexamphetamine (to make a speedball) or cocaine (to make a snowball). I think they had less customers for the white 0 it was x2 the price and 99% vs 78% so, logically, the brown is cheaper but ladies (in particular) seem to love snowballs. Ladies, in particular (I don't know why) went crazy for snowballs. VERY destructive. That was the period when the MAJORITY of users were middle-class and £100/day was do-able.

^ sorry if i hurt you dude, i was basically trying to give a perspective of a guy who works at a place with massive turnover and yes, I see a lot of these individuals, that actually changes from a stereotype to an actual thing.

You didn't hurt me, but thanks for the apology.

My work crosses into the harm reduction sector, and I've certainly encountered a lot of people who are struggling with their drug use. There's a huge number of people who aren't, though, or who are struggling in different ways. The one thing I know is that the media depictions of both meth and heroin users don't cover the majority of users.

I only buy if a friend tells me of some new guy who is giving out 'fat wraps' i.e. above the 18% purity normal for the UK drug scene.

For a long time, a lot of HR experts have suggested that H will folk into 2 different drugs. The dirty brown freebase (smoking heroin) at the normal potency & effectively Number 4 which is pure diamorphine for snorting & shooting. The risk receded when the H manufacture began to be done in the country of origin. The average purity of Afghan smoking heroin is 78%... so HOW MANY cuts has it been through?!?

Even in the 1970s where, in big cities, asian dealers sold mostly to asian addicts but money talks and the guy I was with got 1/4 of each. He said the brown was 'warmer' (other alkaloids?) where as the white gave you a push to do things, as pure H does unless you snort enough to get a good nod on.

That was 40 years ago. I can imagine people mixing in dexamphetamine (to make a speedball) or cocaine (to make a snowball). I think they had less customers for the white 0 it was x2 the price and 99% vs 78% so, logically, the brown is cheaper but ladies (in particular) seem to love snowballs. Ladies, in particular (I don't know why) went crazy for snowballs. VERY destructive. That was the period when the MAJORITY of users were middle-class and £100/day was do-able.

We don't really get brown/smokable heroin in Australia, at least not nowadays or in any great quantity. It's almost all white powder heroin from Asia.

^ Not entirely true..
i would say the product variation is round' about 50/50 most of the time, from my source..
some days its super white, some days its brown, dark & spotty..
the white shit i get seems to be a lot smoother of a high compared to the dark rocks.. the darker stuff seems to have a bit more of a desirable flavour & generally sends my ass deep into the couch.
the white gear, however, seems to give me bursts of energy and i can get a lot of productive shit done whilst on it.