• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

is it possible to regain magic?

Rolki373

Bluelighter
ive lost my magic year ago..im taking a long break i started it on october than after 5 months of not rollin i took good tetsted pills(mda) but i still havent felt the same way as be4 but i did feel more than before but the roll was more speedy n eye wiggles..i decided to take 5 more months of break with takign piracetam for 3 months ( i dont do other drugs)..u guys think that my magic could be back by than? its pretty much 10 months break =p

Probably not., I suspect it will take a lot longer than that.

I have had 5-6 month breaks in the past and noticed nil to little difference.

The simplest answer is "maybe." When you do ecstasy frequently, your brain takes the action of MDMA as a signal that it should down-regulate the neurological mechanisms that allow MDMA to take its effect. Each frequent* repeated use of MDMA causes further down-regulation, and eventually one day your roll simply doesn't work anything like it used to. Now, the issue with restoring "the magic" is that your brain does not necessarily return to it's previous state over time. It needs some sort of impulse to change. If nothing is telling it to up-regulate the pathways that allow MDMA to work its magic, you will never get the magic back. Unfortunately, this phenomenon has never been rigorously studied, and so no one truly knows the mechanisms that cause down-regulation, and thus no one knows a sure-fire way to reverse it. Unfortunately I have never heard any anecdotal evidence one way or another, other than one individual who claimed to have taken a two-year haitus on MDMA usage and never regained his magic.

Perhaps someday in the future we will have a medication that will make this possible. There is already evidence that we may be able to do so one day. One URL="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1572928/"]study[/URL] has found that prozac (and possibly other SSRI's) may help to prevent MDMA from causing long-term damage to 5-HT (seratonin) receptors. If this damage to 5-HT receptors is what causes MDMA to lose its 'magic,' then taking Prozac during the comedown might help reduce or prevent the degradation of MDMA's effect over time. **

* Exactly what constitutes "frequent" is not really known. However, based studies done on other amphetamines, waiting 8 weeks between MDMA sessions is probably a relatively safe margin.

** DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending or endorsing the use of prozac or other SSRI's during the MDMA comedown as a preventative measure against any negative effects. I am merely speculating.

TLDR: you might never get your magic back because your brain won't necessarily return to it's previous state without something telling it to.

I HAVE heard magnesium helps reverse tolerance... Lemme see if I can find the thread where I found it.

The simplest answer is "maybe." When you do ecstasy frequently, your brain takes the action of MDMA as a signal that it should down-regulate the neurological mechanisms that allow MDMA to take its effect. Each frequent* repeated use of MDMA causes further down-regulation, and eventually one day your roll simply doesn't work anything like it used to. Now, the issue with restoring "the magic" is that your brain does not necessarily return to it's previous state over time. It needs some sort of impulse to change. If nothing is telling it to up-regulate the pathways that allow MDMA to work its magic, you will never get the magic back. Unfortunately, this phenomenon has never been rigorously studied, and so no one truly knows the mechanisms that cause down-regulation, and thus no one knows a sure-fire way to reverse it. Unfortunately I have never heard any anecdotal evidence one way or another, other than one individual who claimed to have taken a two-year haitus on MDMA usage and never regained his magic.

Perhaps someday in the future we will have a medication that will make this possible. There is already evidence that we may be able to do so one day. One URL="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1572928/"]study[/URL] has found that prozac (and possibly other SSRI's) may help to prevent MDMA from causing long-term damage to 5-HT (seratonin) receptors. If this damage to 5-HT receptors is what causes MDMA to lose its 'magic,' then taking Prozac during the comedown might help reduce or prevent the degradation of MDMA's effect over time. **

* Exactly what constitutes "frequent" is not really known. However, based studies done on other amphetamines, waiting 8 weeks between MDMA sessions is probably a relatively safe margin.

** DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending or endorsing the use of prozac or other SSRI's during the MDMA comedown as a preventative measure against any negative effects. I am merely speculating.

TLDR: you might never get your magic back because your brain won't necessarily return to it's previous state without something telling it to.

Welcome to bluelight and thanks for a brilliant first post.

St Johns Wort has been shown to upregulate serotonin receptors numerous times..

*Makes new thread*

There are cases of extreme bingeing that permanently changed/diminished the effects of MDMA for a person. But for some others, even if abused, it is not permanent. I have a friend that used to abuse this stuff hardcore, really really hardcore and after a long time of doing this he didn't feel anything else than a speed-like effect anymore, no more euphoria, empathy, kindness or anything.

After two years of abstinence from any and all drugs he tried again. Still greatly diminished effects, a bit of empathy and euphoria but not all that much and certainly not like it used to be. He says about 20% of what he used to feel. And I was with hem back then, they were awesome pills, not weak at all. So now 6 months ago he was almost getting married and wanted to roll one more time before tying the knot. It was 8 years ago since his binge period and 6 years ago since he unsuccessfully tried it again. I brought green androids, one of the best pills you can buy. You should've seen his face. I am certain I looked just like that my first time doing the stuff and to him it felt like that too, it was like he was rediscovering the drug

He is an extreme example but he recovered the magic. It is my totally unfounded and uneducated opinion that it is never permanent. That it just seems that way to some people because it takes years to recover the complete experience, took my mate 8 years. And by then I believe most of those people will have already moved out of drugs and on with their life, so to them it seems permanent. Just a theory, probably completely wrong =D

More on point, we will never know for sure if you'll regain the magic. Have you tested your product with a testkit? Are you certain it isn't an issue with the stuff you're ingesting?

Last edited:
Everyone is different, some people have regained the magic whereas others haven't... It's an individual thing.

I used MDMA a lot of the time in combination with meth (this combo is a surefire way to fry your 5HT system and loose the magic, but it makes for a fucking awesome time, but there is a price) for 3 months every weekend straight. Eventually, MDMA stopped working for me and it would still fuck me up in a distinct way, but without the euphoria and emathy and the warmth that radiates from your body along with tactile sensation, music enhancement, enhanced colours etc... It's just a completely munted out feeling and not in a good way, you are just fucked up and not really enjoying it. So, I took a break and switched over to d-amphetamine with occasional methamp to try assist with the subsequent MDMA induced depression that followed the abuse and I now have an even higher tolerance to amps. Anyway, I waited 15 months after my last roll (end of 2012) and got ahold of a 160mg dutch press (which I had thought to be MDEA, but realised I was actually just loss of magic)... I tell you what, I was fucked up hard and munted, however it was nothing like MDMA used to be, no rolling feeling, just a subtle climb to the peak, floored the shit out of me and got me mega munted, but euphporia was very, very minimal and was more like being stoned with a clear head (after the peak) when it felt like a super clean speed high... Colours were slightly enhanced for a little bit. This was at a festival, with close friends who were rolling as well as a sexy chick I had met who was also rolling so set and setting can be ruled out. My next shot at it was 120mg of tested MDMA cystal, with the distinct safrole like smell, was brown rock and had that same old, soapy type taste to it... Again exact same thing, only I rolled (if that's what you could even call it) for about 40 minutes where I was again, distinctly fucked up, but with no euphoria... This was a week ago exactly as I type, infact I was at the peak at exactly this time 7 days ago ironically lol... I was at home with my girlfriend and it was far from a loved up experience. I plugged 120mg in her and I took it orally... Both the exact same thing (she also has a amphetamine tolerance and used to abuse MDMA like I did). Long story short, we were both very, very, very dissapointed in that the love drug that MDMA is and used to be caused us to feel fucked up, in a very bad way, we felt really emotionally flat especially when the comedown hit and yeah just a total fucking waste. Not only that, but I have been experiencing that shitty feeling reminiscent of my previous MDMA induced depression, just wierd moods, generally depressed on and off, moreso depressed than not, anxiety isn't much of a problem, but I certainly have been affected by it although nowhere near what it was the first time around. I think it can also be attributed to the fact that I am extremely disappoint in the experience in that we had such high hopes ot have a loved up roll but we ended up feeling shit and had a shit night. It failed us badly and instead of bringing us closer it did nothing and probably made it worse (her libido has been a bit flat since and she says she is feeling a little emotionally flat and drained) and I have been feeling shit.

I probably will not try MDMA again... However, if I ever have the chance to get my hands on some MDA you can take my word that I will snatch that shit up faster than a rabbit gets fucked. Almost everyone who has lost the magic with MDMA says that they have a full-blown roll on MDA. I believe as do others that it is not cross-tolerant or very minimally cross tolerant with MDMA (many people report back to back rolling on MDMA then MDA) and is far more intense. I have a feeling it is due to the fact that MDA is a direct agonist of the 5HT2B receptors and has a stronger affinity for the dopamine transporters than MDMA does, hence why it is more neurotoxic. Either way, MDMA won't work for me, but I would give one more time just too truly roll again. Another option is St Johns Wort which has supposedly been able to restore the magic for some people.

With that saying, I also have an amphetamine tolerance and IMO (there are others that agree, also posts online that agree with this theory) that if one has a NA/DA (adrenaline/dopamine tolerance) AKA tolerance to clasical stimulants I'm talking in my case and many others meth and regular amp that it will cause a diminished roll and you may not get any euphoria. A lot of people think it is all serotonin that does the work hence why an SSRI blocks it completely, but IMO dopamine and noradrenaline play just as an important part in the MDMA experience... If you have a tolerance to either of the 3 monoamines it will alter the effects of MDMA OR if you throw something in the mix like say meth, the ratio that MDMA releases the 3 monoamines willl be off and your experience will be different (more dopamine, by adding meth, produces a much speedier and adds to the euphoria, however like I said it will burn your out quicker and is proven to be more neurotoxic than either alone)... In saying that 3 of the best nights of my life was on a combo on MDMA and methamp but at the price of loosing the magic a lot quicker.