• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to overdose smoking fentanyl?

evil_armo74

Greenlighter
I recently heard of someone overdosing and dying smoking fentanyl in Los Angeles. He had just spent 4 days in detox facility, so I don't know if that helps, I am at 90 MG's of methadone, and was wondering exactly how much of it should be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, absolutely. Numerous people have died from doing so. I've done/would do a lot of reckless things, but I'd never consider smoking or IVing fentanyl. It is just so potent that even those with high opioid tolerances can easily OD, from any ROA, but especially the aforementioned.

If you're considering doing some, I'd use a tiny amount nasally & strongly recommend volumetric dosing. Certainly test effects at a sub recreational dose before moving on to higher doses or smoking it. What form is it in?

It is my opinion that fent and it's analogs are the number one cause of accidental death from opiates/opioids... whatever.
Not just that but from benzo and any other DOC could be fent laced or based. Never know unless one gets a script or knows someone who does.
Yes: fent and analogs can and are deadly.

Yes. Quite easily compared to the majority of rec drugs.

Just yes.

Swap for safer opi maybe?

Yes. Most definitely. It is in fact, I've found, an incredibly common belief among users who smoke/vaporize that their potential for overdose is self-limited by their ability to physically perform the action. Definitely possible. I think it is less likely to produce lethal overdose than methods like injection, but still dangerous.

Far too many people messing with fent these days. Yes, becareful its a potent drug whatever the ROA and an overdose is a very serious outcome.