• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to OD on the new OP Oxy's?

skittlezzzz

Bluelighter
With the OP oxys I never feel them hitting with a punch like a Roxi or an OC (for obvious reasons)

But I was wondering is it still possible to OD on these? My tolerance to opiates is not crazy high. I can start feeling a little buzz going at 50mg of hydrocodone or percs. 100mg to feel pretty good for a little while. I noticed that after taking 320mg of OP 40s, I did not feel much of anything. It was definitely obvious I was not sober, but I expected to feel more than what I did.

I know a lot of factors influence each person differently such as weight, tolerance, etc...but with these new OPs, how much is safe to take with my tolerance being what it is (50-100mg)?

They're taken whole as is. Reason is because I have had no success trying any time release tamper method. Just wondering if anyone has heard of people OD'ing with the OP's

The OP oxy is the updated oxycontin that isn't supposed to have recreational value. So you can't really get high on the new oxy. I don't know for the Op's how much it takes to overdose, but be careful when dosing.

If youre not getting high on 320 mgs of op oxys then you must have one hell of a tolerance. I, and many other people I knew, used to get high as hell on ops. Took a while to kick in, and came on gradual, but I had no problem nodding on them. I don't see why someone couldn't overdose on the.

Oh, and if youre getting 50-100 mgs of oxy from percocets, that's a shit load of acetaminophen. You need to check out what the toxic level of acetaminophen is and do the math with the pers and see how much youre ingesting.

Oh, and if youre getting 50-100 mgs of oxy from percocets, that's a shit load of acetaminophen. You need to check out what the toxic level of acetaminophen is and do the math with the pers and see how much youre ingesting.

They mentioned OC, so I have a feeling the OP is talking about regular ol' Oxycodone.

Nobody should take more than 4,000mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours. It depends on how much acetaminophen is in each pill. Most are made with 325mg, but I've seen some made with 650mg.

Yes, you can always overdose on oxycodone. Even if you don't feel high, when you reach a certain amount you will overdose.

So be careful.

yeah, it's not that they're 'abuse-proof', you just have to take more of them. Only a certain amount of oxycodone gets released over a period of time, I'm not sure what the actual release rate is, but you can find out and calculate your dose that way to be safe.

yes, you can still OD on the new OP oxy. it just comes on slower. what i do is cut them up into fine little chunks and then put them in a shot glass of coca cola, microwave it for a few seconds, stir and then let them sit for 24 hours or until you don't see a gel like substance surrounding the white part. it seems to have a faster onset this way but still not really like the original OC.

I guess I need to post what I did for many years, or at least since the switch. I had a hell of a tolerance but I took an equal amount of dilaudid and it felt the same but I was way past the point of getting real euphoria.

I plugged it all, which is terrible, but it is what it is. Worked good for me and I imagine you can swallow it just as easy though you get more when it's 'bottom ups'.

Will try to make a thread tonight or tomorrow.